Reply to topic  [ 5449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218
Official Rate The Last Movie You Saw Thread 
Hall of Fame Member

The Tent ?/10 Weird movie but had meaning

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:45 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Blood Quantum: First Nation has Zombie issues which are really just a metaphor for racial relations. Script and editing a bit clunky, but I enjoyed it for what it is.

The Greasy Stangler: Seriously a "What the fuck" movie. It's a purposely bad movie that had me rolling the entire time. Basically, John Travolta's former hair stylist (in real life) and his son are... i can't even finish describing it. It's a really dumb, fucked up movie. So dumb it's almost brilliant. Kept me laughing.

Becky: If Home Alone was done in the woods and The King of Queens was a Nazi. I was very indifferent about this movie. Not good. Not terrible.

I've watched a few movies the past few months, but can't remember off the top of my head right now what they were. A few I really liked. I'll try to think back and post 'em

My metal band, Contrarian

Buy my Signature Mason BG Hellabucker

Friedman BE100 :shake:
Lickliter Marshall thing
Helix Floor

Lot's of Charvel's and Fender's

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:26 pm
Crystal Lettucer

atrox wrote:
Blood Quantum: First Nation has Zombie issues which are really just a metaphor for racial relations. Script and editing a bit clunky, but I enjoyed it for what it is.

The Greasy Stangler: Seriously a "What the fuck" movie. It's a purposely bad movie that had me rolling the entire time. Basically, John Travolta's former hair stylist (in real life) and his son are... i can't even finish describing it. It's a really dumb, fucked up movie. So dumb it's almost brilliant. Kept me laughing.

Becky: If Home Alone was done in the woods and The King of Queens was a Nazi. I was very indifferent about this movie. Not good. Not terrible.

I've watched a few movies the past few months, but can't remember off the top of my head right now what they were. A few I really liked. I'll try to think back and post 'em

Blood Quantum was solid. Not quite as good as I was hoping; but good enough that we finished it.

I tried watching Greasy Strangler. Didn't ever finish it because it was too fucking weird :lol: But I gotta give props to the filmmaker for how absurd it was.

Becky should have been better. But was still better than I expected it to be; given how poorly it seemed to be received. They seemed to draw it out in weird spots too much, and maybe edited down a bit of the exposition and got down to the nitty gritty. Also; I am TIRED of dogs getting killed. I knew it was coming but it is still one of the laziest ways to get you emotionally involved in a story. :mad: I know it's not real but it still bugs me.

Watched Scare Package last night. Low budget horror/comedy anthology that just came to Shudder. Not perfect and there have been better anthologies for sure; but good sense of humor and some actually solid practical effects that surprised me in how good they looked vs. the budget they were probably working with.

As far as mass market horror goes; we watched the Child's Play remake the last week. I didn't like the originals. This one had Mark Hammill (who did Douriff proud) and a surprisingly good sense of humor that I wasn't expecting. Aubrey Plaza (realistically no one's mom ever) was a good choice for that exact reason. And the kids playing Andy's friends did a good job in that regard as well. The integration of tech into the story (at least where internet of things is concerned) was not as far fetched as I expected either :eek: Not a classic by any means; but much better than I rightfully expected it to be.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:37 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Top Gunner LMFAOROTF /10. Guy fixing a Super Jet and he was holding Delco Alt LMAO. During M16? Training, nobody wore earplugs!!!! No wonder 3M was sued for earplugs.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Da 5 Bloods. Spike Lee film about 5 VietNam vets who return to find the best friend they lost and the shipment of gold they buried before leaving. Very timely film. Little heavy handed because of the director, but given the material at hand; completely understandable. Oddly positive tone with some very unexpected emotional notes that really made it stand out from your normal crime/war flick. Cast was the icing on the cake for me. Delroy Lindo did great as did Senator Clay Davis and the other actor from the Wire who's name I can't recall. Spoiler for Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit never fails to crack me up :lol: Film did not disappoint for that split second out of nowhere script addition. Beyond that; little long but scenery was enjoyable and cinematography was excellent overall. Good flick.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:25 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
Da 5 Bloods. Spike Lee film about 5 VietNam vets who return to find the best friend they lost and the shipment of gold they buried before leaving. Very timely film. Little heavy handed because of the director, but given the material at hand; completely understandable. Oddly positive tone with some very unexpected emotional notes that really made it stand out from your normal crime/war flick. Cast was the icing on the cake for me. Delroy Lindo did great as did Senator Clay Davis and the other actor from the Wire who's name I can't recall. Spoiler for Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit never fails to crack me up :lol: Film did not disappoint for that split second out of nowhere script addition. Beyond that; little long but scenery was enjoyable and cinematography was excellent overall. Good flick.

It wasn't a bad movie. Not one I would have wanted to pay to see though

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:

Yeah, the cast was the best part of the movie. I found it predictable which is not typical of Lee IMNSHO. Still worth watching for the performances.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:17 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Ad Astra: sad brad searches for mad dad. Great visuals. I feel like the chickened out in the end. 5/10.

Guitars:
Endres Offset
Endres Offset Les Paul
Endres Telebird
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded
1978 Greco ES335
Balaguer Goliath Bass

Amplification:
VHT/Fryette Pittbull 50/CL
Marshall JCM900 2500
Vox AC30
Ashdown MAG420

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am
Hall of Fame Member

_ej_ wrote:
Ad Astra: sad brad searches for mad dad. Great visuals. I feel like the chickened out in the end. 5/10.

I felt it was a mix of apocalypse now and interstellar but with the charm of neither.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:43 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Watched a few oddballs over the weekend.

Yummy: Dutch zombie flick. Set in plastic surgery hospital in Eastern Europe. Gets to work quick. Nice and gory with a good sense of humor. At this point; most scenarios for a zombie film have been done to death. This one is "new" but really the same as everything else once you get down to it. That genre-quibble aside; a good flick to turn off your brain and just have a laugh at.

The Bar: Spanish body horror/thriller. Group of strangers end up in a bar together. All hell breaks loose because of certain patron. More horror than I expected; but not really what I would call a horror film. Little long but good story, great dialog with a sense of humor and pretty exciting as well. I liked this one quite a bit.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:27 am
Hall of Fame Member

Watched 'A Good Marriage' last night. I enjoyed it. Wasn't real crazy like some of King's work gets

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:48 am
Hall of Fame Member

Disruption 2019 Racist POS/10

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Eurovision: mildy amusing/10

Will Ferrell; he's clearly a funny guy, he's done some brilliant cameos over the years, but I'm yet to see one of his films that was better/funnier than it's trailer. Dont think I laughed out loud once during this.

Also, it probably helps to have some knowledge of the actual Eurovision event to get some of the jokes, not sure how this film will be received outside of Europe.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I love will Ferrell but Eurovision was a slow burn of vaguely trying to be a comedy. Try harder/10

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Pepi wrote:
Top Gunner LMFAOROTF /10. Guy fixing a Super Jet and he was holding Delco Alt LMAO. During M16? Training, nobody wore earplugs!!!! No wonder 3M was sued for earplugs.

me no habla espanol.....

what's the name of the movie, again?
and WTF are you talking about?

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:36 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Sorry fell off the wagon that night :( Movie is Topgunner and it really sucks

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:29 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Pepi wrote:
Sorry fell off the wagon that night :( Movie is Topgunner and it really sucks

Honestly, it seemed like something was wrong with your posts, I apologize, now knowing the "why does Pepi sound drunk?"

I had also googled "top gunner" and didn't see anything but "Top Gun".

Today, I saw it, and sadly, I can't blame alcohol for my bad...........

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:03 am
Hall of Fame Member

Check out WOODSHOCK on Netflix. What a boring movie. Got to 45 mins and shut her down

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am
Crystal Lettucer

Doctor Sleep: 7.5/10

Not a bad resolution to the Shining. Decent and kept my attention. Rebecca Ferguson is suitably crazy.

The Adjustment Bureau: 6/10

She watched the horror with me, so I watched this with her. From a PK Dick story, I preferred the original but hey ya gotta have a love story amirite?

Sparked a decent convo between us so there’s that...

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:00 pm
Hall of Fame Member

The Adjustment Bureau was a bit too much for me. I do like looking at Emily though

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:24 am
Crystal Lettucer

Bloodshot: 6/10

Decent adaptation. Was ok, wouldn’t recommend it if you’re not a fan of the comic.

Terminator Dark Fate: lame/10

It’s the same fucking story every time. If you’ve seen the 1st one this isn’t a shock. If you’ve seen the 2nd one, no shock. If you’re going to actually pay $ to watch this, watch the first scene for the shock value and then shut it off.

Also, Linda Hamilton was bad in this, definitely phoned it in. How could she not?! Was weird seeing a senior citizen say ‘motherfucker’ every 3rd scene...

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 am
Hall of Fame Member

Still 6/10

Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:57 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Green Book: 7/10

Ali was great in this, Mortenson was too.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:08 am
Crystal Lettucer

Steinmetzify wrote:
Green Book: 7/10

Ali was great in this, Mortenson was too.

Been meaning to catch this one for some time. Both actors are great. We just re-watched History of Violence over the weekend and Mortenson was such a mild mannered badass in that :evil:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 5449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218