Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bought a new $1500 guitar, it is garbage, going back. 
Hall of Fame Member

We got trolled lol..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:32 pm
Hall of Fame Member

:snax:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:45 am
Hall of Fame Member

We should play guess the alt.

Gibson les paul Traditional, les Paul signature T, U.S strat, Japanese Strat , Balaguer Scumden guitar. Chavel So-Cal Pro Mod style 1. Marshall JVM 205c (Dan gower modded) some pedals (some modded) Yamaha THR10

Spam zero at the mo

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:23 am
Registered Member

G-Zod wrote:
We got trolled lol..

No, you aren't being trolled. I'm not an alt, but I was banned from TGP a while ago so I created this account.

I started a dispute with the CC company, but there is a good bit of work involved and I need to get ducks in a row before contacting seller about this. This is the beginning of the week and I don't have tons of time.

The unboxing video is 15 minutes of me opening a box, inspecting the guitar and then showing close up damage and defects to the camera. I didn't realize the video was so long until I stopped it. Opening the box and inspecting the guitar took 15 minutes. I need to add timestamps to the parts that show the wear/damage.

This absolutely qualifies as a scratch and dent instrument that was sold as new. Sadly, I believe the reason it was returned and bouncing around his inventory is that there may be neck problems and/or it doesn't look anything like the pics on the website. (I will explain more later, but I am not going to touch this guitar any more than I have to as its going back.)

I want to get this resolved (hopefully amicably) with the seller before posting the pics. I dont want to inflame things any more than I have to.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:16 am
Registered Member

double post

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 am
Hall of Fame Member

Oh Behave! wrote:
G-Zod wrote:
We got trolled lol..

No, you aren't being trolled. I'm not an alt, but I was banned from TGP a while ago so I created this account.

I started a dispute with the CC company, but there is a good bit of work involved and I need to get ducks in a row before contacting seller about this. This is the beginning of the week and I don't have tons of time.

The unboxing video is 15 minutes of me opening a box, inspecting the guitar and then showing close up damage and defects to the camera. I didn't realize the video was so long until I stopped it. Opening the box and inspecting the guitar took 15 minutes. I need to add timestamps to the parts that show the wear/damage.

This absolutely qualifies as a scratch and dent instrument that was sold as new. Sadly, I believe the reason it was returned and bouncing around his inventory is that there may be neck problems and/or it doesn't look anything like the pics on the website. (I will explain more later, but I am not going to touch this guitar any more than I have to as its going back.)

I want to get this resolved (hopefully amicably) with the seller before posting the pics. I dont want to inflame things any more than I have to.

Why were you banned from TGP, what did you do?

I am very curious about your issue, but i think we all need more details and pictures and evidence to from a opinion of what the hell is going on

^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^

PS - I was the owner of the 1,000,000 post on the HCAF 7/28/2006

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 am
Crystal Lettucer

I was banned from TGP too , wasn't everyone here ? I think it was the " fat Mike sucks the Popes cock" or somesuch that did me in .

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 am
Hall of Fame Member

A big part of the reason why forums exist is to keep the guitar community informed of shady dealings and disingenuous sellers. I get your perspective and you can always give a chance to make it right, but there's really no harm in taking pictures of the guitar and showing what you're talking about without mentioning them.

If you had posted pictures in the OP, this would have gone much better for you. lol.

Typicall, for anyone that makes a living selling guitars tends to know what they're doing and I'd be willing to bet they knew they shipped you a dog and with you staying tight-lipped, it gives them the opportunity to resell it again... It just might not go to someone who knows any better.

For now: :snax:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:09 am
Registered Member

***1776*** wrote:

Why were you banned from TGP, what did you do?

I am very curious about your issue, but i think we all need more details and pictures and evidence to from a opinion of what the hell is going on

Honestly, I don't know. I was a member there for a few years, had over 1000 posts. I got a couple 1-week bans over that time for arguing against forum dogma, and then one day I tried to login and there was an IP-ban.

Details and pics will be forthcoming, but I need to get everything squared away first. What is shady about this, is that the guitar arrived in scratch and dent condition, which if the seller claimed I did the damage, I wouldn't be entitled to a return. Even if he accepts the return, I may still be out shipping charges, which is why I have filed the dispute with CC company.

What makes this worse is that I believe the guitar has a serious neck alignment issue. The guitar arrived with some backbow, open strings are buzzing and other fretted notes are getting some of this too, yet the action farther up the neck is still pretty high < 1.5mm.

The solution would normally be to introduce some relief to the neck with the truss rod and lower the bridge, but the recessed Floyd is already near bottoming out. As it is a neck through guitar, there is no way to shim the neck. I estimate that if relief is added to the neck so the strings aren't buzzing, that the action farther up the neck would be < 2.5mm. There doesn't appear to be any room to lower the bridge.

I just don't want to deal with this mess. Its a 1500 guitar that arrived in scratch and dent condition, he used photoshopped pics to make it look completely different, and it appears to have a serious neck issue. Along with a handful of construction defects that you wouldn't expect on a guitar in this price range.

Last edited by Oh Behave! on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:39 am
Crystal Lettucer

OP, I get it. I had a piece of shit pedal builder/electronics repair person accuse me of "character assassination", because I asked huge racks inc if he was still in business after he had my 2290 for six months with no communication whatsoever. The whole place piled on me even though I'm still sitting here with a non-working 2290 10 years later. Fuck huge racks Inc.

Luckily, this place is different. We don't trust any builders unless they are participating members here.

I say just go for it. The guitar will speak for itself.

My Album For Sale!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Registered Member

SuperFlyinMonke wrote:
A big part of the reason why forums exist is to keep the guitar community informed of shady dealings and disingenuous sellers. I get your perspective and you can always give a chance to make it right, but there's really no harm in taking pictures of the guitar and showing what you're talking about without mentioning them.

If you had posted pictures in the OP, this would have gone much better for you. lol.

Typicall, for anyone that makes a living selling guitars tends to know what they're doing and I'd be willing to bet they knew they shipped you a dog and with you staying tight-lipped, it gives them the opportunity to resell it again... It just might not go to someone who knows any better.

The problem is that the "before" pics, the ones from his website have his company information, so I couldn't provide a comparison without "outing" him. And if I post pics of the actual guitar, he would never be able to resell it (unique top), and god forbid I get stuck with this mess, then the problem would be mine.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am
clipless

Oh Behave! wrote:
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:

The problem is that the "before" pics, the ones from his website have his company information, so I couldn't provide a comparison without "outing" him.

that sounds like his problem - but you could probably crop it out and still show the basic differfences

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:59 am
Registered Member

clipless bumper wrote:
Oh Behave! wrote:
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:

The problem is that the "before" pics, the ones from his website have his company information, so I couldn't provide a comparison without "outing" him.

that sounds like his problem - but you could probably crop it out and still show the basic differfences

Read my edited post above. This guitar is MY problem until it is shipped back and I have my refund.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:01 am
Crystal Lettucer

Which builder was it, Gene?

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 am
Crystal Lettucer

Devin wrote:
Which builder was it, Gene?

Psi0nic Audio

My Album For Sale!

Last edited by BroSlinger on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Never even heard of them before, but fuck 'em

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 am
Chief Executive Owl

Like others said, I can't really say anything without seeing the actual guitar but I understand why you would want to make sure the return/refund is taken care of first. Hope it all works out for you.

Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
Gibson SG Special
Gibson Les Paul Studio P90
Gibson SG 90
Jackson SL1 Soloist USA
Jackson SLX Soloist
Kramer Pacer Classic
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Strat
Endres Tele
Yamaha FX800C

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Laney IRT 1x12 cab
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3
Tech 21 British
Tech 21 Blonde

Rack 1:
ENGL E530
Peavey Classic 120
TC G Major 2

Rack 2:
ENGL E530
Digitech GSP1101

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Oh Behave! wrote:
clipless bumper wrote:
Oh Behave! wrote:
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:

Read my edited post above. This guitar is MY problem until it is shipped back and I have my refund.

Then just include your pictures. :idk: The basis for comparison is a new guitar, which is easy to compare against even without the pictures from the website showing a "new" guitar...

Best of luck, anyhow. This sounds shady as hell, so hopefully the customer service stands up to take responsibility.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 am
Crystal Lettucer

Get that money first!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:44 am
Registered Member

SuperFlyinMonke wrote:
Oh Behave! wrote:
clipless bumper wrote:
Oh Behave! wrote:
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:

Then just include your pictures. :idk: The basis for comparison is a new guitar, which is easy to compare against even without the pictures from the website showing a "new" guitar...

Best of luck, anyhow. This sounds shady as hell, so hopefully the customer service stands up to take responsibility.

I'm collecting evidence for the charge dispute and I realized the the serial number on the box and the guitar don't match! This is shady as hell.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:10 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Did you contact the builder / seller yet ?

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm
Hall of Fame Member

good luck, hope you get your money back. i hate shady-ass people.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 pm
Hall of Fame Member

So no pics or vid? :rolleyes:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Registered Member

fretless wrote:

Yes. I'm hoping for a quick resolution. This is between him and the CC company now.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Oh Behave! wrote:
fretless wrote:

Yes. I'm hoping for a quick resolution. This is between him and the CC company now.

Just curious about a couple things. Without naming names, I assume this was a direct sale, not through a 3rd party merchant ala reverb, eBay etc?

Secondly was he unwilling to do anything before you filed the CC dispute?

TurboPablo wrote:
STOP FAT SHAMING LES PAUL'S. BE MORE INCLUSIVE.

I have a lot of guitars. Let's just put it that way.
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Avatar Vintage 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 2x12 Combo
Crate GX-130C
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next