Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Obi Wan Scream Comparison 
Crystal Lettucer

So, I only own the theatrical version. I just watched the special edition on Disney+. This gay Ric Flair scream from a drunken Nascar fan is new to me. Outstanding troll from George Lucas on the new and improved version. It's not even mixed well.

FWIW, I did some research on the original scream. Obi Wan used the force to sound like one of those dragon things that apparently eats sand people. You can see the skeleton of one of those dragons when C3P0 is walking in the desert before he is found by the Jawa tank.

My Album For Sale!

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:22 am
Profile WWW
clipless

wat?

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am
Hall of Fame Member

Saw the title and the poster and expected it to be some obscure pedal. :idk:

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:40 am
Hall of Fame Member

Excellent sleuthing, Gene. I was always under the impression that it was the Sand People who screamed because they saw the ole hermit coming their way. :idk:

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:03 pm
Crystal Lettucer

itchyfingers wrote:
Excellent sleuthing, Gene. I was always under the impression that it was the Sand People who screamed because they saw the ole hermit coming their way. :idk:

Yeah, they just make grunting noises as they scamper.

BTW, I've been on a Star Wars kick lately. I tried watching 5 minutes of prequels, and remember why I hate it. Some thoughts:
1. Everything looks "dumb". (all of the stupid droids, especially.). They made them look more advanced. thin. complex. too much like animals, but with dumb looking heads.
2. Everything sounds "dumb". Lucas made the droids sound like 5 year old idiots who are supposed to be KILLING our protagonists.
3. There are laser blasts EVERYWHERE. I can't even follow the action anymore.
4. It's like he wanted 10 year olds to love it, but 10 years couldn't care less about 2 British guys talking to a bunch of politicians for 16 hours.
5. I don't even need to mention Jar Jar.

They suck. I don't care what the news articles say about how fucking relevant it was. It's not. It's dumb. It's boring. It's stupid.

4, 5, and 6 were awesome because the droids were simple. The dialogue was simple. The fights were simple. The characters were interesting.

I don't need to mention why 7,8, and 9 suck. Shit, I actually root for Kylo Ren.

FWIW, I think Rogue 1 is as good as ESB. Jyn Erso was a deeply flawed character who made the ultimate sacrifice to fulfill the wishes of her equally interesting Father. (A more interesting story than the prequels or the sequels).

My Album For Sale!

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

BTW, I've been on a Star Wars kick lately. I tried watching 5 minutes of prequels, and remember why I hate it. Some thoughts:
1. Everything looks "dumb". (all of the stupid droids, especially.). They made them look more advanced. thin. complex. too much like animals, but with dumb looking heads.
2. Everything sounds "dumb". Lucas made the droids sound like 5 year old idiots who are supposed to be KILLING our protagonists.
4. It's like he wanted 10 year olds to love it, but 10 years couldn't care less about 2 British guys talking to a bunch of politicians for 16 hours.

They suck. I don't care what the news articles say about how fucking relevant it was. It's not. It's dumb. It's boring. It's stupid.

4, 5, and 6 were awesome because the droids were simple. The dialogue was simple. The fights were simple. The characters were interesting.

I don't need to mention why 7,8, and 9 suck. Shit, I actually root for Kylo Ren.

FWIW, I think Rogue 1 is as good as ESB. Jyn Erso was a deeply flawed character who made the ultimate sacrifice to fulfill the wishes of her equally interesting Father. (A more interesting story than the prequels or the sequels).

I think the Mandalorian in my opinion is the best thing since the original trilogy, well paced, enjoyable and has the spirit of the original movies..

Gibson les paul Traditional, les Paul signature T, U.S strat, Japanese Strat , Balaguer Scumden guitar. Chavel So-Cal Pro Mod style 1. Marshall JVM 205c (Dan gower modded) some pedals (some modded) Yamaha THR10

Spam zero at the mo

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Star Wars in general is dumb. This whole revival has given me the opportunity to rewatch them with a critical eye. While it's true that 1,2,3 are the worst, they all pretty much are meh.

However, I'm actually genuinely enjoying the Mandalorian. IMO the long form TV format is what Star Wars probably always needed to properly develop these storylines. If they keep turning out solid episodes then I welcome more TV.

I've kinda isolated myself from my family over the last year or so because I just can't bring myself to sit with them on the couch and watch whatever typical/average/garbage show they're all watching together. In general I really dislike all mainstream entertainment and then I ruin it for everyone by pointing out all the ways that it fails while they're just trying to watch it. :lol: But we gave The Mandalorian a shot and it works for me, chilling with the kiddos and enjoying a show together.

CS Deja Vibe mkii > SupaTrem Jr. > Xotic Wah > OCD v2.0 > Fulldrive 2 mkii > TB Jailed Pitchblack > (Alter Ego x4)

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Mando is okay, but every episode ive seen is like a video game quest. I also think Gina carano is unnecessary. Bad actress too.

My Album For Sale!

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

I lucked out and had horrible life circumstances happening when Disney's first Star Whores movie hit so had no chance to see it. I've never bothered to try catching up since then. From everything I've heard, I think the horrible life circumstances were probably the better path.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
FWIW, I did some research on the original scream. Obi Wan used the force to sound like a krayt dragon. You can see the skeleton of one of those dragons when C3P0 is walking in the desert before he is found by the Jawa tank.

fixed

:lol: but seriously, Lucas couldn't leave well enough alone. So many of his "enhancements" were garbage. Completely agree with your rundown of the series in the other post.

It ain't using me
Cause when the power goes out
I got other means..."

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:38 pm
Hall of Fame Member

This also cracks me up every time. If you have a spare...70 min all 7 videos of this review them are great.

It ain't using me
Cause when the power goes out
I got other means..."

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Beef wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:
FWIW, I did some research on the original scream. Obi Wan used the force to sound like a krayt dragon. You can see the skeleton of one of those dragons when C3P0 is walking in the desert before he is found by the Jawa tank.

fixed

:lol: but seriously, Lucas couldn't leave well enough alone. So many of his "enhancements" were garbage. Completely agree with your rundown of the series in the other post.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can hear that guy in Simpsons correcting me right now. :lol:

My Album For Sale!

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

I think Lucas had a great idea for a movie that couldn't fit in one movie, couldn't fit in two movies, but wasn't really enough to fill a third movie, but he did it anyway. Knowing he only had a singular idea for Return of the Jedi (Luke-Darth wrapup), he packed the rest with stupid fucking ewoks. Fans hounded him for like a decade to make more movies, but he was already out of ideas. Hence the prequels being boring and worthless, loaded with "silly" droids and "cute" CG creatures everywhere. Don't even get me started on how backwards the prequels were in terms of technology. That yellow Naboo speeder looks light years ahead of an X wing, but it came out decades earlier? WTF? The ironic thing is that those 3 boring ass movies could have been and should have been only been one movie. There's a reason Disney asked Lucas to leave for 7-9 - dude was out of ideas like 30 years ago.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:16 pm
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:

Funny thing about that skeleton was that when they were done filming they just left it there, and years later people found it and thought it was real.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:44 pm
Hall of Fame Member

^Seriously? That is awesome, and frightening. :lol:

Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:52 am
Crystal Lettucer

This just blew my fucking mind. Walter Donovan from IJATLC was in ESB.

BTW, when Walter Donovan turns into a skeleton and says, "what...is...happ..enn.ing..to...meeee??" Became the running joke after the Dead and Company show at the Hampton Coliseum. Me and my boy Charlie wigged out. Felt like we drank from the false grail.

My Album For Sale!

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

It drives me crazy that I can't watch the version of star wars that won all the VFX, editing and sound mixing oscars in HD. I just want a theatrical cut in HD.

Guitars:
Endres Offset
Endres Offset Les Paul
Endres Telebird
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded
1978 Greco ES335
Balaguer Goliath Bass

Amplification:
VHT/Fryette Pittbull 50/CL
Marshall JCM900 2500
Vox AC30
Ashdown MAG420

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:06 pm
Crystal Lettucer

_ej_ wrote:
It drives me crazy that I can't watch the version of star wars that won all the VFX, editing and sound mixing oscars in HD. I just want a theatrical cut in HD.

Is the dvd the last theatrical version available?

My Album For Sale!

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
_ej_ wrote:

Is the dvd the last theatrical version available?

There's a DVD version but it was a rescan off a secondary source and was made in the 90s so it has a lot of digital artifacts and issues due to the early digital tech.

If disney would steal the original film and make a theatrical version I would almost be OK with them having a monopoly on my childhood.

Guitars:
Endres Offset
Endres Offset Les Paul
Endres Telebird
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded
1978 Greco ES335
Balaguer Goliath Bass

Amplification:
VHT/Fryette Pittbull 50/CL
Marshall JCM900 2500
Vox AC30
Ashdown MAG420

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Crystal Lettucer

BroSlinger wrote:
This just blew my fucking mind. Walter Donovan from IJATLC was in ESB.

Julian Glover. He led the attack on Hoth!

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]