Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
some videos from practice...MT15 and RD45 
Crystal Lettucer

Faces of Many practice last weekend. Took me fucking forever to get these videos processed and split up into a format I could upload and not have a fucking 2 hr video lol. Fucking iPhone bullshit. Dennis was using his MT15, which you can see, and I used my Randall RD45. This practice kinda solidified this amp for me. Its fucking killer.

This is a favorite at shows. Called Tyke. Actually the first song the band wrote, and it was mostly written when I joined.

New song that we have coming out on our next EP, called Omelas. This is one I had riffs for, and we kinda pieced it together over a few practices.

This one you guys have heard before. I wrote this bend riff for Fluff's Riffs and Beards contest a year, maybe 2 ago. Took me a LONG time to get this one right. Tried so many things paired with this riff that just didn't work, but eventually sat down one day and knocked this fucker out. Eric is starting to put some lyrics to it, and I think its going to be a bad motherfucker!! Definitely one of my favorites that I've written!

Eric has been bugging me to write a doom song for a long time, but its not really my style, and I have a hard time writing that way. I need speed!! So he had Marc and Brian get started on this, and then me and Dennis jumped little by little. I guess Eric has some lyrics written for something like this already, so we just went with it jamming it out. We don't get a lot of time to jam stuff out, mostly just working on existing or new songs that I have in development. Pretty fun.

Guiterrorist
Pakistani Right Hand of Doom
Pesobag

Good Deals: http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21#p14231

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:57 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Told you you'd dig that amp! Word musta got around, Pro Audio Star sold out! Like a sore dick, you can't beat it.. For under $400? Shit no..

PRS S2 Custom 22 w/Duncan Custom/'59, Jackson SL2 Soloist w/ Duncan Distortions, ESP Alex Skolnick AS-1 w/'59/JB, Randall RD45H, Splawn Competition 50, Randall RD412 w/UK Greenbacks, Airis Effects Savage Drive, Digitech RP1000 & MXR 10-Band in the loop.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:38 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
That doom song is cool. Boring to play doom though, it's so fucking slow! :lol:
Looks like you guys have a lot of fun.

Used mine, last night at practice - first time at full volume.
It's a truly amazing amp! Sounds so much better than the two RG80 SS amps I own.
I was surprised at how loud the RG45 is... had no problem going up against the drums and bass.
Was using the rehearsal studio's Marshall A1064 cab with stock speakers... no idea what speaker but, it still sounded great.

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dude you playing doom wigged me the fuck out. I kept waiting for it to speed WAY up

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 am
Hall of Fame Member

Amp sounds pretty heavy and chuggy :beavis: Also was tripping out your drummer has a 2nd snare mounted up high to the left of his high hat... never seen that before.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am
Chief Executive Owl

sounds really good man. I am excited about using mine at Saturday's gig!!! The practices with it have been great so far!!!

2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Strat
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Randall RD45H
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

sounds great. your practice spot is like 500x nicer than ours lol.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 am
Crystal Lettucer

Thanks for checking it out.

I hate playing slow shit like that haha. Probably not something we will record seriously.

Marc actually has 3 snares on his kit I think lol. He has a whole rack of snares.

We practice at his house. Used to be in the smaller room in the back corner behind where Brian is standing, but once his wife and her kids moved out, we got an upgrade haha.

Guiterrorist
Pakistani Right Hand of Doom
Pesobag

Good Deals: http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21#p14231

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Your guitarist and the singer will be fighting onstage at some point :lol:

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:41 am
Crystal Lettucer

Also; clips sound good. Though I told myself I was going to stop watching your vids as all they do is give me GAS for amps that serve no purpose for my actual working musical situation :cry:

Doom is weird. It's cool when others play it at times; but I feel like you have to play it bowel rupturingly loud so as to make you forget how sparse and one-note it can be. There are good groups in the overall style but it's a tough genre to get excited about for me.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:48 am
Hall of Fame Member

NinjaRaf wrote:
Thanks for checking it out.
Marc actually has 3 snares on his kit I think lol. He has a whole rack of snares.

:confused: Snares of Many? :lol:

What a trip!

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]