Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
New guitar build! WITH Video 
Hall of Fame Member

Here is a bit of a unique guitar that I’m proud to say attained what I was hoping for and exceeded it!

I recently posted a roasted basswood Pacer build I was doing. It was awesome, and an unfortunate mishap by someone who feels terrible, left some damage that needs repair. Which in most cases isn’t the end of the world and still isn’t, but being it was natural and the repair simply can’t ever be totally hidden it did kinda ruin my hopes on keeping natural. And I still may.... But I have developed a plan for that that hopefully might even kick it up a notch! So I’m still feelin out the proper way to go with that one as it’s a glorious guitar! Hah

But In the meantime I decided to make another Pacer style build(I say style cause I just developed the shape from my own design. Obviously trying to look like a Pacer but I have no idea how close it actually is). But I did spend a good amount of time making sure this was as comfortable as I could develop. And I believe it is super comfy.

The slightly unique feature is I went with a 26 inch scale neck. Obviously I build upon my experience as a player and tones I go for and even tho I use mainly 25.5 scale necks, they can at times still leave me feeling the low end is a little muddy or the overall string tension I like needs heavier gauge strings that also add to muddiness. I also tune down half step, full step and down to C# standard. And even lower at times. But I didn’t gel with a 27 inch Baritone I tried. But perusing around I found some builders say 26 is a great compromise of keeping the feel familiar while definitely tightening up the low end some. And in this particular instance that’s EXACTLY what happened. Tuned to D standard with 10-48 Dunlop heavy core strings and this is the meanest, heaviest and most punch of any guitar I’ve ever built OR Owned. Super pleased with the outcome.

I also need to sell it! So, if interested please get in touch! There is one little thing that, because it was my first time building this guitar with certain angles, etc. that isn’t “perfect”, but it’s very minor and can be “fixed”, but I’m not going to do it unless a buyer asks me to. Rest assured it has nothing to do with playability or anything that actually affects the guitars tone, feel, etc.

Anyway quick specs
-African Mahogany body. Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
-Roasted Flame maple neck and fretboard. Walnut fretboard dots. 1 coat of oil and wax
-Gotoh Floyd Rose and Tuners
-Duncan Custom, further Customized with double thick ceramic magnet. In this guitar? Pure Beast Mode!

Just jammed fairly aimlessly here. But its more about the tone and look. Thru the 6505

Like vinyl? Wanna spend some money? Maybe buy this! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38142

Last edited by EndTime on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:39 am
Chief Executive Owl

Holy shit dude. That's just amazing. VERY well done. :bow:

2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Strat
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Randall RD45H
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Love it ! Love the Beretta vibe . :heart:

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:48 am
Crystal Lettucer

Fuckin beautiful :love:

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:49 am
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Really stunning work!!! :love:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:54 am
Hall of Fame Member

Thanks everyone! The sole purpose of this build was to sell, but there is only one other guitar I built that truly floored me straight out of the gate with its tone. And that’s not a knock on my other guitars! Lol. I have some I’ll put up against anything. But as far as modern metal style tone. As far as aggression, attack and GIRTH? The build I did for Raf and this one both left me sitting there like “daaaammmnn. This is insane”. It literally encompasses all of that. For a modern metal sound I believe this more than fits the bill.

[/sales pitch]

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 am
Hall of Fame Member

That is fucking sick

TurboPablo wrote:
STOP FAT SHAMING LES PAUL'S. BE MORE INCLUSIVE.

I have a lot of guitars. Let's just put it that way.
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Avatar Vintage 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 2x12 Combo
Crate GX-130C
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:14 am
Crystal Lettucer

you didn't post a price did you ? I'm afraid to ask :D :idk: :snax:

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:17 am
Crystal Lettucer

Yeah my V is fucking leveling. No other guitar comes close and everyone who plays it is completely floored by it. My cousin wants one now too hah.

Guiterrorist
Pakistani Right Hand of Doom
Pesobag

Good Deals: http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21#p14231

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dude that's sick...what's the nut width?

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:26 am
Hall of Fame Member

Steinmetzify wrote:
Dude that's sick...what's the nut width?

1 11/16ths.

And thanks man!

I sent you a PM Fretless.

Also price is much lower than you’d prolly expect. For issues that have nothing to do with the guitar, but simply in hopes of selling quick! Just get in touch as I don’t want to post price cause I don’t plan on my other builds being this low.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 am
Hall of Fame Member

NinjaRaf wrote:
Yeah my V is fucking leveling. No other guitar comes close and everyone who plays it is completely floored by it. My cousin wants one now too hah.

Listen to this man!! Haha.

Isn’t he more a Super strat guy? I have one that I wasn’t gonna finish for awhile as there are more pressing builds to finish atm :D , but it’s also one I’d consider more of my more budget friendly line as it’s relatively standard but the wood choices I feel are pretty cool. White Limba(Korina) strat style body. Does he like Blue? Lol. Cause I was gonna paint it gloss black and I have his killer looking dark blue mirror pick guard just to spruce it up a bit! Ebony board, maple neck

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 am
Crystal Lettucer

He has 3 super strats, but after borrowing my Jackson, he kinda wants a V. I told him I would let him know when you were working on more Vs. I know he just spent a bunch of money on some seminar vacation thing, so he won't be ready to buy for a couple of months. But he might have to fight me for more Vs haha.

Guiterrorist
Pakistani Right Hand of Doom
Pesobag

Good Deals: http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21#p14231

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 am
Hall of Fame Member

NinjaRaf wrote:
He has 3 super strats, but after borrowing my Jackson, he kinda wants a V. I told him I would let him know when you were working on more Vs. I know he just spent a bunch of money on some seminar vacation thing, so he won't be ready to buy for a couple of months. But he might have to fight me for more Vs haha.

No worries of course. But yeah, he knows where to come for a V! He might be a good candidate for this headstock I’ve been tweaking to be just right!

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:17 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Updated OP with badly lit lame jam thru video. But it’ll give some idea of tone and real world look hopefuly

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:54 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Very nice build dude, wow. And your fkn chording in that vid is mind blowing to me... your left hand chording looks my like my left hand cramping the fuck up :lol:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:29 pm
Crystal Lettucer

I had dreams about this guitar last night. From a rational standpoint it doesn't make much sense for me to buy it because it's similar to my Hamers, but goddamn I want it anyway :lol:

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 am
Hall of Fame Member

FAKA! wrote:
Very nice build dude, wow. And your fkn chording in that vid is mind blowing to me... your left hand chording looks my like my left hand cramping the fuck up :lol:
thanks man! I’ve only just recently started with this video bullshit. In this case I really wanted to kinda showcase the guitar cause I think it looks cool! Lol. But I never watched myself play until recently and I guess I’ve heard this from a few people now about my frethand being “spider like” or whatver. It’s just my natural, or unnatural, way of playing
Devin wrote:
I had dreams about this guitar last night. From a rational standpoint it doesn't make much sense for me to buy it because it's similar to my Hamers, but goddamn I want it anyway :lol:

Haha nice! Well I’m not one to discourage! I sincerely want to keep it but there is some pressing financial matters that means I need to stick to the plan and move it! I built it to sell. But it’s also the first somewhat “extended “ scale I’ve built and it feels and sounds really good and none of my other guitars have the low end authority as this one does. It’s kinda depressing cause I was happy with many of my guitars!! Haha. And this one kinda stomps them all in the brutality department... but I’m priced pretty damn fair I think. I’m right around 4 digits. As in the first number that becomes 4 digits. Lol

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:04 am
Hall of Fame Member

That thing looks great! My old Kramer nerdism (nerdism? nerddom? Whatever) makes me really like it a lot... And I'm sure its a lot better than them, because pretty much every Kramer I ever owned was a disappointment haha

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 am
Hall of Fame Member

Reeally like that.... :thu:

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:28 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I like how someone dinged up a build you were working on so you casually just knocked out a whole other guitar :lol:

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:29 pm
Hall of Fame Member

MacaroniSalad wrote:
That thing looks great! My old Kramer nerdism (nerdism? nerddom? Whatever) makes me really like it a lot... And I'm sure its a lot better than them, because pretty much every Kramer I ever owned was a disappointment haha

Haven’t played a ton of Kramer’s but I would agree, generally a let down. The guy I was hoping to buy it was like it played super easy, but he’s not a fan of the hockey stick headstock! Doh. All in the eyes of the beholder. I think I did a good job with getting a nice balance of size/shape with it, but so be it. He was always interested in another guitar of mine and I might sell him that one instead. But this one is still for sale! I suppose selling 2 is better than 1. I have one more potential guy interested locally. Show it to him this week.
RIFF wrote:
Reeally like that.... :thu:
thanks man!
Zozobra wrote:
I like how someone dinged up a build you were working on so you casually just knocked out a whole other guitar :lol:

Haha. Yeah I suppose that is the case! It’s kinda funny and it funny. I had only planned to build one. I had the roasted basswood body first and I built this 26 inch neck for that. But then I felt it wasn’t the right move since I really felt that roasted basswood with the vintage copper hardware was a real cool look. But I felt maybe the 26 inch would scare people off! Hahahah. Anyway, that’s when I decided to build a 25.5 neck for the roasted basswood, which I did. And a mahogany body for the 26 inch which you see here. As far as tone goes it was for sure the right move as the basswood body and this neck was a bit on the bright side. But on the negative while that body laid around for the neck to be completed it suffered a little accident..... bummer for sure but I have a new vision that I think I’ll be equally pleased if I can pull it off. It’ll be my first foray into a certain avenue of finishing...

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]