Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Guitar Cable Suggestions 
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
iggs wrote:
BTPA is my fav place to get cables. I use these pretty much exclusively:

https://btpa.com/Guitar-Line-Level/High-Definition/

Proper made, sounds great, durable, decent pricing, plus you get to choose connectors, length, cable ... etc.

I like how they provide the capacitance rating... 20 pF / foot

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:21 am
Hall of Fame Member

lester wrote:
For quality and relatively inexpensive - bulk Belden 9778 plus some g&h ends and solder em up.
Or if you don't mind spending - Vovox Sonorus

I have a Vovox cable. I thought it sounded ok until I realized it's microphonic. Slap it against the ground and it makes noise.

Mayones Duvell MBC

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Really? Never experienced that with them. I have a Cardas that if you shake it around you can hear a little noise...great sounding cable though otherwise. Never heard that with either Vovox(protect a or Sonorus) I've had. Absolutely quiet, absolutely killer both of them.
What do you have exactly?

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Hall of Fame Member

lester wrote:
Really? Never experienced that with them. I have a Cardas that if you shake it around you can hear a little noise...great sounding cable though otherwise. Never heard that with either Vovox(protect a or Sonorus) I've had. Absolutely quiet, absolutely killer both of them.

Like which Vovox? I don't know, when I bought it I think it was the Sonorus line. They seem to have changed their branding slightly so who knows. Now I just use bulk Mogami cable and solder up my own plugs. I'm not paying $200 for some freakin' cable lol...

Mayones Duvell MBC

Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 am
Hall of Fame Member

I use a wireless and don't have a problem at all.

Schecter Genesis, Dean Veecoustic, Dean Vendettas, Dean Schenker Vee, DBZ, Dean Boca, Hondo H1, Hondo H1 bass, Jay Turser 5 string Stingray Bass, Fender Starcaster, Fender Stratocoustic, Fender Stratocaster, Hamer Studio, Jackson RR, Epi LP STD, Epi SG-400, Epi 1275 doubleneck, Epi Explorer Pro, Ibanez Artcore, Ibanez Talman, Squier, Alvarez, Diasonic, Washburn, Eleca, Kent, Zen-on, Vox, Palmer, Premier, Digitech, Danelectro, Boss Katana, Randall, Earth, Crate, Kustom, Orange, Rockman, Peavey, Kawai.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:43 am
Chief Executive Owl

iggs wrote:

Proper made, sounds great, durable, decent pricing, plus you get to choose connectors, length, cable ... etc.

yeah I buy stuff from them all the time, like the specialty cables for my racks etc. Never tried their guitar cables though.

2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Player Strat HSS
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

FourT6and2 wrote:
lester wrote:

Like which Vovox? I don't know, when I bought it I think it was the Sonorus line. They seem to have changed their branding slightly so who knows. Now I just use bulk Mogami cable and solder up my own plugs. I'm not paying $200 for some freakin' cable lol...

I got mine for under a hundred. I think they're normally around 130.
But on the microphonic thing, that doesn't sound right, Vovox's own words - high purity polymers; shielded; optimally protected against microphonics.
I'd think they'd probably swap it out for you.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:28 pm
Dead Man Walking

Every cable in my signal chain is Mogami. Tough as nails, very neutral sounding wire.

You can't go wrong with Mogami terminated with Neutrik plugs and jacks.

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Hall of Fame Member

iggs wrote:

I didn’t even think of them. I had them make the cables for my switcher. Solid stuff.

Amp:
Engl Powerball II

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2