Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
NAD DSL 20H 
Crystal Lettucer

GuitarBilly wrote:
Today on "Things That Shouldn't Be Difficult", our special guest is NFA.

:lol:

I've seriously hit the WTF button on this one. I've placed orders for 12at7s on three separate sites, got back ordered on 2 and hit with the "not meeting minimum" on the third.

The worst part is I've got a box of old tubes somewhere in my closet that should have a bunch of 12at7s, but I haven't been able to find it in a week of trying. All I can find is my box of early nineties high gain Groove Tubes 12ax7s.

The universe hates me.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:38 pm
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

Amplified parts selling Russian-made EHX on Amazon for $17 w/ free shipping. Not real fast, but it may get you there.

https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Harmonix ... 291&sr=8-9

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat, Fender 12 string acoustic (thanks Greg! :bow:)
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), Helix LT (Church rig), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh, SD1, Doom Bloom (thanks Ajax! :bow:)

DIY

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 pm
Crystal Lettucer

GOOD NEWS! I found a reliable dealer selling NOS Tung-Sol 12at7 tubes that have been tested good and actually had them on hand. Now to pray the mailman can actually find the giant freaking box sitting next to the driveway on the day they arrive.

This was beginning to feel like some ridiculous epic quest.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:59 am
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

nightflameauto wrote:
GOOD NEWS! I found a reliable dealer selling NOS Tung-Sol 12at7 tubes that have been tested good and actually had them on hand. Now to pray the mailman can actually find the giant freaking box sitting next to the driveway on the day they arrive.

Who? and how much $?

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat, Fender 12 string acoustic (thanks Greg! :bow:)
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), Helix LT (Church rig), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh, SD1, Doom Bloom (thanks Ajax! :bow:)

DIY

Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:56 am
Crystal Lettucer

G-SPACE wrote:
nightflameauto wrote:

Who? and how much $?

eBay dealer. I've heard good things about this particular dealer before, and feedback looks good. They seem to have lots of NOS and older tubes. I apparently bought the last two tung-sols. $8 each shipped, which seemed ridiculously low for the reputation tung-sols have. Hopefully I don't get another set of empty tube boxes. I figured the pictures of the actual tubes with the tester in the auction was a good sign. :idk:

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:40 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Member

Funny story: I am a big proponent of the 12at7 in a DSL as I stated above. Guess who has had a NOS 12at7 sitting in his tube pile and not in his 2204 for 3 years? Fixed that tonight :lol: I've been playing a lot of single coils in to my Marshall on cleanish recently so this was a LOVELY mod to remember.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:36 pm
Chief Executive Owl

RyanDistortion wrote:
Funny story: I am a big proponent of the 12at7 in a DSL as I stated above. Guess who has had a NOS 12at7 sitting in his tube pile and not in his 2204 for 3 years? Fixed that tonight :lol: I've been playing a lot of single coils in to my Marshall on cleanish recently so this was a LOVELY mod to remember.

yeah 800s definitely benefit from it too. Nearly all Marshalls do tbh

2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Player Strat HSS
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

The Randall RD amps benefit greatly with an AT in them. The stock tubes are crap and those amps are really raspy/high freq. grind to begin with. I bought a 5 watt combo for peanuts and it really is surprising as far as the tones you can squeeze out of it.

I was looking at the mini 800, but after all the reading I have done, it appears to be loud as hell. I need to add a DSL to my oddball collection.

Guitars: MK Patriot Q, Jackson DKMGT, G&L Legacy Tribute, Les Paul Studio, Charvel 375 Deluxe

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3