Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Henning Boost - FIRST RUN ALL PAID AND WILL SHIP TOMORROW! 
Crystal Lettucer

Also recieved mine today. Now I need to find time to plug it in.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:41 am
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Mine was delivered today as well but, I won't get to play with it for another 3 hours!!! :mad: :cry:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:45 am
Hall of Fame Member

This might help you guys -
HPF(Murder) sets the cutoff frequency of the high pass filter (bass cut). A higher frequency setting results in a more aggressive bass cut.
LPF(Death) sets the cutoff frequency of the low pass filter (treble cut). A higher frequency setting results in a less treble cut.
LEVEL(Doom) sets the gain of a clean, post-EQ boost circuit. Up to +20dB of clean boost is available through this control.
BLEND(Kill) mixes between the dry and EQ signals. Use this control to adjust the overall intensity of the mid boost.The 6dB / 12dB switch sets the slope of each filter. For example, setting the HPF at 400Hz in the 12dB position, the frequency response would be -12dB @ 400Hz, -24dB @ 200Hz, -36dB @ 100Hz, etc.The "secret" center position of the toggle switch combines a 12dB/octave high pass filter with a 6dB/octave low pass filter.

Steve should have included this as well as his signature on the pedal damn it :lol:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:59 am
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Thanks Lester! I just printed your post. :hi5:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:17 pm
Hall of Fame Member

lester wrote:
Got mine today Steve.
Pretty cool! Super quality and looks a hell of a lot better than the VFE.
Tried it for a bit...sounds great. I might have to write down the function of these knobs though for a minute :lol:

.:

:thu:

I pointed you guys to rig-talk and the VFE website in one of my previous posts as all the info on controls, sample settings, etc. is there... I guess I could have copied the control info... but I'm lazy... and I can't build anymore after these last two... :lol:

OH BTW - 9V CENTER NEGATIVE POWER SUPPLIES, GUYS!!! 18V IS OK, TOO...

Steve

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

lester wrote:
This might help you guys -
HPF(Murder) sets the cutoff frequency of the high pass filter (bass cut). A higher frequency setting results in a more aggressive bass cut.
LPF(Death) sets the cutoff frequency of the low pass filter (treble cut). A higher frequency setting results in a less treble cut.
LEVEL(Doom) sets the gain of a clean, post-EQ boost circuit. Up to +20dB of clean boost is available through this control.
BLEND(Kill) mixes between the dry and EQ signals. Use this control to adjust the overall intensity of the mid boost.The 6dB / 12dB switch sets the slope of each filter. For example, setting the HPF at 400Hz in the 12dB position, the frequency response would be -12dB @ 400Hz, -24dB @ 200Hz, -36dB @ 100Hz, etc.The "secret" center position of the toggle switch combines a 12dB/octave high pass filter with a 6dB/octave low pass filter.

Steve should have included this as well as his signature on the pedal damn it :lol:

Got mine yesterday :thu: But haven’t had time to check it out yet....hopefully today.

Lester, thanks for posting this.....to date, I’ve been too lazy to look up the controls :cop:

T

Concentrated
Competent
Competitive
Cohesive
Cheerful
Childlike (NOT CHILDISH)
Committed
Consistent
Confident

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:46 am
Hall of Fame Member

This thing absolutely rips :rawk:

I’ve never used a VFE pedal before, so it took me a bit to get it dialed in....it can get out of hand in a BIG hurry with a high gain amp.

I’m using it in front of my Cherry Bomb, in place of my trusty OD808.

I’ve always been able to bring the heavies with the Cherry Bomb, but this thing just takes it to a whole new level, while still remaining super tight.

Since I am a complete techno-idiot, I still can’t figure out how to post pictures here to show my settings ( and now I can’t even get a video to upload from my iPad to YouTube :bang: , which I’ve never had trouble with before :freak: ).

Settings on my Cherry Bomb are the same as I’ve used for years....didn’t even touch the gain on the Rod channel.

Settings on the Ultra Hype Mid Booster:

Murder: 11 o’clock
Death: 5 o’clock
Kill: 3:30
Doom: 11:45
Toggle in the middle position
:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

FWIW, my BodyHammer doesn’t get along with it (using the same settings I always use.....I’m sure I could adjust the settings on the amp to accommodate) nearly as well as it does the OD808.

Maybe these things just work best with Marshall based amps :idk:

Well done as always Mr. Henning :clap:
T

Concentrated
Competent
Competitive
Cohesive
Cheerful
Childlike (NOT CHILDISH)
Committed
Consistent
Confident