Reply to topic  [ 3545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 142  Next
What shows do you watch? 
Crystal Lettucer

If y'all ain't watching Chernobyl (HBO, Monday nights), you need to be :wait:

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat, Fender 12 string acoustic (thanks Greg! :bow:)
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), Helix LT (Church rig), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh, SD1, Doom Bloom (thanks Ajax! :bow:)

DIY

Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm
Hall of Fame Member

G-SPACE wrote:

Ooh, I had forgotten about that one! It's good?

Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Yes

Companion podcast is awesome as well.

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat, Fender 12 string acoustic (thanks Greg! :bow:)
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), Helix LT (Church rig), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh, SD1, Doom Bloom (thanks Ajax! :bow:)

DIY

Fri May 17, 2019 7:55 pm
Hall of Fame Member

G-SPACE wrote:

Just finished the first episode. Holy shit. It is like a giant monster movie but the reactor is the monster.

Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 am
Hall of Fame Member

We just wrapped up watching Star Wars Rebels again. Now that our little one is older, she's understanding more of it. Wish we could've gotten a few more episodes though.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:29 am
Crystal Lettucer

Yarbicus wrote:
G-SPACE wrote:

Just finished the first episode. Holy shit. It is like a giant monster movie but the reactor is the monster.

Thanks for the reminder, Grimes. Good show so far!

Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 am
Crystal Lettucer

Started watching Barry on HBO. Excellent series. I am sort of on and off with Hader. Not because I don't like him but moreso because as a leading character; I don't always think he cuts the mustard for no real reason. So far; this show is excellent.

Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 am
Hall of Fame Member

I started Chernobyl this weekend. The Director, Johan Renck, really knows what he's doing. Btw, he is a musician known as Stakka Bo. He has directed many music videos, such as Chris Cornell's "Can't Change Me," and the last two David Bowie videos.

Fake news/Witch Hunt/Nothingburger = 34 people (including 26 Russians and 6 Trump associates) and 3 Russian corporations charged with 199 criminal counts, resulting in 7 guilty pleas, 1 conviction, 5 people sentenced to prison and 2 cases headed to trial.

Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm
Hall of Fame Member

2 episodes into Chernobyl. That be some harrowing shit. I studied physics and did a module on applied nuclear physics and safety so it's pretty interesting to see what went on dramatised.

Fri May 24, 2019 6:10 am
Crystal Lettucer

Finished Barry. Twas awesome. Love to see what happens next season.

Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 am
Hall of Fame Member

I've been hitting the gym hard and cooking new dishes lately and I totally forgot to watch Barry.

Fake news/Witch Hunt/Nothingburger = 34 people (including 26 Russians and 6 Trump associates) and 3 Russian corporations charged with 199 criminal counts, resulting in 7 guilty pleas, 1 conviction, 5 people sentenced to prison and 2 cases headed to trial.

Wed May 29, 2019 5:33 am
Hall of Fame Member

Zozobra wrote:
2 episodes into Chernobyl. That be some harrowing shit. I studied physics and did a module on applied nuclear physics and safety so it's pretty interesting to see what went on dramatised.

Up to date with one more to go. This is some of the best TV I've ever seen. As someone said earlier, the companion podcast is great too.

Wed May 29, 2019 7:10 am
Crystal Lettucer

JFC Chernobyl was brutal this week.

Wed May 29, 2019 4:30 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Zozobra wrote:
Zozobra wrote:

Up to date with one more to go. This is some of the best TV I've ever seen. As someone said earlier, the companion podcast is great too.

:hi5:

Gear

DIY

Wed May 29, 2019 4:41 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Good Omens on Prime , very good fun , for the Neil Gaiman fans check it , it's not as adult as American Gods but great cast& good fun.

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:03 am
Crystal Lettucer

fretless wrote:
Good Omens on Prime , very good fun , for the Neil Gaiman fans check it , it's not as adult as American Gods but great cast& good fun.

I wondered about this one. I was thinking Handmaid's Tale was out but it wasn't unfortunately. Have to give this one a go.

Finished S2 of Killing Eve over the weekend. Excellent show and great wrap up for the season.

NOS4A2 started up on AMC. LOVED the book and am super curious if the show will stack up.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:05 am
Hall of Fame Member

I've been watching The Terror this weekend. It stars Jared Harris from Chernobyl, Ian Hart, George Takei, Edmure Tully/Tobias Menzies and Mance Rayder/Ciaran Hinds. It's about two British expeditionary ships trying to find the Northwest passage that become trapped in ice in the arctic circle for 3 years. So far I really like it.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:52 am
Crystal Lettucer

Last episode of Chernobyl tonight. Can't wait!

Gear

DIY

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Avatar the Last Airbender - wife really likes this one, it reminds me of the xmen cartoon from the 90s, it's not bad, something to kinda help wind down.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:50 am
Crystal Lettucer

Ry Manchu wrote:
I've been watching The Terror this weekend. It stars Jared Harris from Chernobyl, Ian Hart, George Takei, Edmure Tully/Tobias Menzies and Mance Rayder/Ciaran Hinds. It's about two British expeditionary ships trying to find the Northwest passage that become trapped in ice in the arctic circle for 3 years. So far I really like it.

Started on this one but it was hair too slow for me. Might have to revisit. It looks like there is another season set in WWII Japan coming up? I might have to give that a go.
G-SPACE wrote:

Twas depressing but great. Good season that got to the point without 22 episodes and did it well. Good stuff.

Watched first episode of NOS4A2 last night. Will have to see. I knew from reading the book it might be difficult to translate to TV/film format but will give them a few episodes to hone it in. Started off good but the whole premise is kind of a funky combination of horror tropes that seem less obvious, or perhaps cheesy; in printed form. :hmm:

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 am
Crystal Lettucer

Ry Manchu wrote:

This show is fucking awesome. I actually loved the fantasy elements. The book is supposed to be great as well.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:59 am
Crystal Lettucer

Black Mirror S-5 is up , I bet it's good...

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:09 pm
Crystal Lettucer

JiveTurkey wrote:
Ry Manchu wrote:

Started on this one but it was hair too slow for me. Might have to revisit. It looks like there is another season set in WWII Japan coming up? I might have to give that a go.
G-SPACE wrote:

Twas depressing but great. Good season that got to the point without 22 episodes and did it well. Good stuff.

Watched first episode of NOS4A2 last night. Will have to see. I knew from reading the book it might be difficult to translate to TV/film format but will give them a few episodes to hone it in. Started off good but the whole premise is kind of a funky combination of horror tropes that seem less obvious, or perhaps cheesy; in printed form. :hmm:

NOS4A2 good cast , goofy but going on to round 2 :snax: also saw what looks like a new The Terror but set in a new story line with Takei . Has high hopes

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:13 am
Crystal Lettucer

Frets; if you are a reader---check out the book. It's great. Watched the first episode of Black Mirror s5 last night. Dude definitely knows how to craft an awkward storyline yet pull it off :freak: :lol:

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:37 am
Crystal Lettucer

Thanks Mang ! Yeah some good stuff on right now & coming soon .

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 3545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 142  Next