Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Fwiw my purchases are not impulsive, and not without... 
Hall of Fame Member

...precedent.

First, the amps. Since I first started playing guitar, before I wanted a Mesa, and almost everybody else wanted a either a Fender or Marshall, I have always wanted a Hiwatt Custom 100. It is absolutely my dream amp. And whether SS, tube, or combination, I have used multi 100 watt amp rigs off and on for decades.

I have loved VT22/V4's for years. The power, the huge reverb, the huge gorgeous cleans. The Hiwatt's break up I like a little more, but the Ampeg's front end has even more clean headroom. Also the Ampeg is more flexible. Oh, yeah the whole me being a huge Stones fan and Exile and Sticky Fingers being my two favorite albums. Ohhh and how could I not mention....

<<<< IS HUGE FANBOI FOR JOSH HOMME TOO. TOTES WOULD CARRY HIS BOOKS. <3

As for the Magnatone I am a Tremolo junkie and both the Harmonic and Optical Trem on this amp are amongst the best ever in any amp or pedal. The reverb is delicious, and I needed something lighter, smaller and lower in wattage than my 100 watt heads as I travel. On, and I do believe it was on here that I gushed like a school girl over the one Rev Billy G played the first time I saw that episode of Dinner at Daryl's.

Second I have had as many as 6 guitars in the past. As of now I have

3 SG's
3 Les Pauls (including the Special)
1 Explorer
1 J45R Custom

That's 8. +2 is a HUGE variance, I must be sick in the head.

The Tokai is probably getting kicked off the island next week because the Gary Clark SG feels and sounds so damn good. The others will ALL get used.

The AJ, Paul Stanley, and Dove are not mine, and whether or not someone who HAS NO FUCKING BUSINESS COMMENTING ON WHAT I SHOULD OR SH0ULD NOT DO FOR MY FAMILY AND LOVED ONES UNLESS I OPENLY ASK HIM FOR ADVICE AS A FELLOW FATHER AND SOMEONE I HAD GROWN TO RESPECT MORE likes it I will do what I feel is right for them.

I know a few of you remember the old board I built. Is this really a surprise? Almost every single one of the pedals was lost when my board and my first LP Special were stolen from my home.

Hey, you never know? There will be some decent stuff for sales. Maybe instead of throwing shit at the screen like a pissed off Chimp, you should just keep your eyes peeled for the sell off. You may get a hell of deal.

BTW I didn't have to explain shit, but since you obviously have a personal stake in it...

Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]