Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
It's happening. Too slowly. Bumblebee Good 
Crystal Lettucer

So started in on this. Need some replacement nuts for output jack and under the knobs. Locking tuners and black string tree otw. Got a black replacement nut as well. Haven't decided on the bridge whether I'm getting some black saddles or just swapping the bridge. Doing an internal GK install. Should be cool once the Bumblebee is complete.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am
Hall of Fame Member

no yellow humbucker??

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:16 am
Hall of Fame Member

:fap:

my strat gas is through the roof

Amps: Engl Thunder | Rivera 4x12 | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:22 am
Crystal Lettucer

RaceU4her wrote:
no yellow humbucker??

:hmm: :love:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:34 am
Site Moderator

If you do a yellow HB, order some yellow single coil covers from DiMarzio to match.

NinjaRaf wrote:
6505 is 100% balls to the fucking walls low end and aggression. It is FUCKING PISSED. Like an 18 year old angry at the world.
+ is a bit less angry, like maybe a 35 year old man angry.

TurboPablo wrote:
STOP FAT SHAMING LES PAUL'S. BE MORE INCLUSIVE.

I have a lot of guitars. Let's just put it that way.
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Crate GX-130C
Line 6 Helix LT 1000101010100001010101010101
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:49 am
Hall of Fame Member

So I get the black hardware but also I wanted to keep the Strat bent steel saddles for that “strat” sound. I really feel those are fairly key to what sorta makes a strst sound like they do. Even if I have a higher output humbucker I’m the bridge now. The singles still deliver a true strat tone which is sumthin I like having these days. But I feel the stock saddles are a bit cheaply made. And had to upgrade them. I don’t think they sell black ones?? And if they did I think it would maybe defeat the purpose I just mentioned.

But I did put black locking tuners and after all my setup work, I really can get pretty heavy handed with the bar and stay in tune! Somehow I never REALLY thought it was possible despite Hendrix and even Evh back in the day being crazy bar guys and finding ways to keep it closely in tune. Anyway, all I’m saying, the black tuners look cool and I could see a black bridge being a good fit, but unless I get a wild hair one day and put a Floyd on it, I think I’m sticking with the stock bridge.

If you can handle a bit of chrome maybe just get the graphtech black block saddles for this. I’ve been pretty impressed having installed them a bunch at work. They def will change the tone from the bent steel but they still sound really good

Like vinyl? Wanna spend some money? Maybe buy this! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38142

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 am
Hall of Fame Member

I think the Gotoh 510 is a great option that comes in black. I have one on my Sterling JP150 and it's great. You could probably use the bent steel saddles on it as well.

Laney GH30r 1x12
EVH 5150 III 50 Watt

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:28 am
Crystal Lettucer

EndTime wrote:
So I get the black hardware but also I wanted to keep the Strat bent steel saddles for that “strat” sound. I really feel those are fairly key to what sorta makes a strst sound like they do. Even if I have a higher output humbucker I’m the bridge now. The singles still deliver a true strat tone which is sumthin I like having these days. But I feel the stock saddles are a bit cheaply made. And had to upgrade them. I don’t think they sell black ones?? And if they did I think it would maybe defeat the purpose I just mentioned.

But I did put black locking tuners and after all my setup work, I really can get pretty heavy handed with the bar and stay in tune! Somehow I never REALLY thought it was possible despite Hendrix and even Evh back in the day being crazy bar guys and finding ways to keep it closely in tune. Anyway, all I’m saying, the black tuners look cool and I could see a black bridge being a good fit, but unless I get a wild hair one day and put a Floyd on it, I think I’m sticking with the stock bridge.

If you can handle a bit of chrome maybe just get the graphtech black block saddles for this. I’ve been pretty impressed having installed them a bunch at work. They def will change the tone from the bent steel but they still sound really good

Thanks for the info. Black graphtecs sound like a good call on the saddles. I think the chrome will blend a bit better if I go that route.

I am interested in having a bar on something. As is; this thing plays great. I'm gonna get back it next week once more parts get in.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:31 am
Crystal Lettucer

Heath wrote:
I think the Gotoh 510 is a great option that comes in black. I have one on my Sterling JP150 and it's great. You could probably use the bent steel saddles on it as well.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to have to do some work on the gk install first. Ugh.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am
Chief Executive Owl

You should just use the Graphtech Ghost system with the 13 pin connection, that would be the cleanest way to have black saddles and MIDI

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ng-spacing

https://sporthitech.com/products/graph- ... 20Shopping

'78 Les Paul Pro/ '97 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90 / '04 Gibson Les Paul Classic 3 pickup / '13 Gibson Les Paul Traditional / '20 Gibson Les Paul Classic/ Kramer Pacer Classic x2 / Endres Tele / Fernandes FR-65/ Peavey Predator/ Custom Frankenstrat

Amps:
Friedman Runt 50 (x2) / Marshall DSL100H / Marshall Mosfet Lead 100 / Bluguitar Amp 1

Cabs
Marshall 1960A w V30s/ Randall 4x12 w Jaguars/ Seismic 2x12 w Creambacks/ Laney 1x12 w Redback

Questions about the forum: please PM here. Can't access the forum? Need a password reset? Please access our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuitarGearForumOfficial and message me through it.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

GuitarBilly wrote:
You should just use the Graphtech Ghost system with the 13 pin connection, that would be the cleanest way to have black saddles and MIDI

Good idea. Never tried the ghost system. Always read it wasn't as good as the GK stuff because of the piezo factor?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:35 pm
Chief Executive Owl

JiveTurkey wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:

Good idea. Never tried the ghost system. Always read it wasn't as good as the GK stuff because of the piezo factor?

No that's nonsense. I've worked a lot with MIDI over piezos when I was at Line 6 (that's how the Variax works) and it's completely fine.

'78 Les Paul Pro/ '97 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90 / '04 Gibson Les Paul Classic 3 pickup / '13 Gibson Les Paul Traditional / '20 Gibson Les Paul Classic/ Kramer Pacer Classic x2 / Endres Tele / Fernandes FR-65/ Peavey Predator/ Custom Frankenstrat

Amps:
Friedman Runt 50 (x2) / Marshall DSL100H / Marshall Mosfet Lead 100 / Bluguitar Amp 1

Cabs
Marshall 1960A w V30s/ Randall 4x12 w Jaguars/ Seismic 2x12 w Creambacks/ Laney 1x12 w Redback

Questions about the forum: please PM here. Can't access the forum? Need a password reset? Please access our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuitarGearForumOfficial and message me through it.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Bumble Bee update
Graphtec nut, black fender locking tuners and graphtech saddles. Black screws, knobs and jackplate. Other than my "luthier" job on the pickguard and GK; it looks damn good I think \m/ I have a GK jackplate coming and down the road will install it and swap out the pickguard for a cleaner look. It plays GREAT and I think I have hobbled it enough :cop: :lol: that it's a keeper :love:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 am
Chief Executive Owl

Looks killer man!!!

Amps:

Cabs

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

I dig it! Action is super low. I might have to raise it up juuuuuuuuuust a hair. But plays great and looks killer other than the pickguard hatchet job :)

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:53 pm
Site Moderator

That’s a sexy Strat if there ever was!

NinjaRaf wrote:
6505 is 100% balls to the fucking walls low end and aggression. It is FUCKING PISSED. Like an 18 year old angry at the world.
+ is a bit less angry, like maybe a 35 year old man angry.

TurboPablo wrote:
STOP FAT SHAMING LES PAUL'S. BE MORE INCLUSIVE.

I have a lot of guitars. Let's just put it that way.
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Crate GX-130C
Line 6 Helix LT 1000101010100001010101010101
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:50 pm
Crystal Lettucer

That's the perfect color for a weird synth access guitar tbh

Looks epic

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:51 am
Crystal Lettucer

Thanks dudes \m/

Next step; when I feel like going more full blown is grabbing this
I will tie in an external GK to it and remove the body wart

I am going to end up with a 2ply pickguard and top mount the GK. I am going to pull off one of the tone knobs as well as just have the two knobs at the bottom. I need to raise the saddles jussssssssst a small hair.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]