Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Holy Cow!!! 
Dead Man Walking

I just realized i only have seven basses.

This is highly unacceptable.

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle

Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm
Hall of Fame Member

you'd only need one to enter BOTR :thu:

Sat May 11, 2019 1:16 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Send me a tele for my G&L L1000.

Sat May 11, 2019 1:33 pm
Dead Man Walking

TurboPablo wrote:
Send me a tele for my G&L L1000.

No. :nope:

Sat May 11, 2019 1:37 pm
Dead Man Walking

2tallmusic wrote:
you'd only need one to enter BOTR :thu:

My bass rig is behind a bunch of stuff in my lanai, so no way to get pics without moving a mountain of stuff. I could lay out my basses, but there again, i am not moving, then putting all the stuff back for the sake of four or five pics.

I'm just not that ambitious

Besides, I should probably let others have a chance in the competition

Sat May 11, 2019 1:40 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Move the Dumbles.

Sat May 11, 2019 1:46 pm
Hall of Fame Member

MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:

appreciated - but getting back ontopic, you are considering building or buying one?

Hope the left hand is gettinng better by the way

Sat May 11, 2019 2:02 pm
Hall of Fame Member

What do you currently have? The pictures you have posted in the past have been off the charts.

Sat May 11, 2019 2:15 pm
Dead Man Walking

Yarbicus wrote:
What do you currently have? The pictures you have posted in the past have been off the charts.

'64 Jazz Bass
'64 P-Bass

Dingwall Prima six string
Dingwall Prima four string

The six string is the first 6 he ever made.

Both Dingwall basses have Alder cores, bookmatched Wenge top and back and the wood for both came from the same boards in sequence. They were made for me as a matched set. Not another like them.

Tobias Signature 5 String fretted. Zebrawood top and back, wenge tone plate, 9 piece wenge neck with purpleheart stringers.

Tobias Signature 5 string fretless. Wenge core, sequentially bookmatched Australian Lacewood top and back. 9 piece wenge neck with bubinga stringers.

Fretted Tobias circa 1990, fretless made '91 or '92 when I worked there. I am the second owner of the fretted (I have had it since '91), original owner of the fretless.

James Tyler 6 string bass. Wenge core. Sequentially bookmatched Australian Lacewood top and back. Chambered AF. Maple neck, pauferro fingerboard. Not another one in existence. Not one even close. I am the original owner. Jim Tyler and I built this piece together when I was at Tyler. I worked there for a loooong time.

Last edited by MISTER NOBODY™ on Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Dead Man Walking

2tallmusic wrote:
MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:

appreciated - but getting back ontopic, you are considering building or buying one?

There is a 5 string, 35 inch string length J-Style bass planned but not yet begun. Probably alder body. Maple neck, wenge fretboard. Passive Arcane pickups with a formula known only to me and the owner of Arcane, and a John East active preamp/eq. The John East stuff is on a whooole 'nother level. But as I said, i don't even have the neck templates made yet or the math done for how much i have to move stuff around to get the scale set up properly. It isn't as simple as just making a neck for a 35 inch bass and slapping it on there. There is math and stuff involved. I hate math and stuff too.

Sat May 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Hall of Fame Member

MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:
2tallmusic wrote:
MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:

There is a 5 string, 35 inch string length J-Style bass planned but not yet begun. Probably alder body. Maple neck, wenge fretboard. Passive Arcane pickups with a formula known only to me and the owner of Arcane, and a John East active preamp/eq. The John East stuff is on a whooole 'nother level. But as I said, i don't even have the neck templates made yet or the math done for how much i have to move stuff around to get the scale set up properly. It isn't as simple as just making a neck for a 35 inch bass and slapping it on there. There is math and stuff involved. I hate math and stuff too.

I think you just described my dream bass...:love:

Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 pm
Dead Man Walking

TurboPablo wrote:
Move the Dumbles.

That has already been taken care of

Sat May 11, 2019 7:35 pm
Dead Man Walking

Yarbicus wrote:
MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:
2tallmusic wrote:
MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:

I think you just described my dream bass...:love:

Throw down a deposit and lets get the party started! :beavis:

Sat May 11, 2019 7:39 pm
Crystal Lettucer

firewood

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Sun May 12, 2019 5:50 am
Crystal Lettucer

I just did a quick count of 12 P basses , possible I missed 1 or 2 . I'm trying to figure out which one to pick up & play over a fat bowl.

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Sun May 12, 2019 7:05 am
Dead Man Walking

fretless wrote:
I just did a quick count of 12 P basses , possible I missed 1 or 2 . I'm trying to figure out which one to pick up & play over a fat bowl.

Take your puny late model P-Basses and get out of my thread. :mad:

Sun May 12, 2019 12:41 pm
Crystal Lettucer

His made in Korea is the best one.

Sun May 12, 2019 12:59 pm
Dead Man Walking

TurboPablo wrote:
His made in Korea is the best one.

It has nothing on my '64.

Nothing. :nope:

Sun May 12, 2019 3:21 pm
Crystal Lettucer

I do have 1 MIK bass , a '00 Spector NS2000a it's a killer bass . I added a real HAZ pre & '90's EMG's and it's a beast . Very "would" tone .

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 am
Dead Man Walking

fretless wrote:
I do have 1 MIK bass , a '00 Spector NS2000a it's a killer bass . I added a real HAZ pre & '90's EMG's and it's a beast . Very "would" tone .

Made in Korea

Would not :nope:

Tue May 14, 2019 4:51 pm
Crystal Lettucer

You know that one factory that builds so many name brands for like the last 30 years .Its odd to me it was made in S.Korea it has 3 peace maple neck. 2 piece light maple body. Carved & neck through with graphite bars. Brass nut excellent fret work Spector bridge. It had a stock bart pre. Its an exact NS nailed. Minus the Hazlab pre. Which dropped right in. Back in ‘00 it was their go at lowering costs and pricing from the Czech line. Even some of those were not exact replicas like this. This line turned into the current cheaper stuff whatever that’s called but this bass is a beast and very well done and sounds and plays like a dream. 24 fret super smooth neck heel. It’s crazy man. Wherever this was made. It was made by people who really knew what they were doing. Back in 2000 this is also one of the few basses I bought new. And still own. Now don’t be dumb. Oh i see threaded inserts in that cavity. That was a nice touch

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Tue May 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Dead Man Walking

fretless wrote:
You know that one factory that builds so many name brands for like the last 30 years .Its odd to me it was made in S.Korea it has 3 peace maple neck. 2 piece light maple body. Carved & neck through with graphite bars. Brass nut excellent fret work Spector bridge. It had a stock bart pre. Its an exact NS nailed. Minus the Hazlab pre. Which dropped right in. Back in ‘00 it was their go at lowering costs and pricing from the Czech line. Even some of those were not exact replicas like this. This line turned into the current cheaper stuff whatever that’s called but this bass is a beast and very well done and sounds and plays like a dream. 24 fret super smooth neck heel. It’s crazy man. Wherever this was made. It was made by people who really knew what they were doing. Back in 2000 this is also one of the few basses I bought new. And still own. Now don’t be dumb. Oh i see threaded inserts in that cavity. That was a nice touch

I stand by my post. Image

Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm
Crystal Lettucer

you should probably be sitting

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 am
clipless

MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:
fretless wrote:

I stand by my post. Image

You are a brave man - wall of text hurts my eyes........

Wed May 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Crystal Lettucer

STFU and enter your shit in BOTR

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next