Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Retube day for the Laney PA! 
Hall of Fame Member

It was way overdue for a retube. Just got a new quad of JJ EL34L's for my Hermansson modded Laney PA. The old ones were EL34L's too and they held up for years, So I figured I'd go with them again. The amp has a plate voltage of 580, Henric says he likes to bias them to about 20ma, So that's what I did. My god it sounds glorious in the room. I put a Tung Sol Gold pin 12AX7 in V1, I have a pair of Ruby HG 12AX7's in the two cathode follower slots, an old Peavey super 7, another Tung Sold Gold for channel 3 and a JJ for channel two. There are eight preamp tubes all together including the one for the PI and Loop. But man, it just sounds fresh again.
Anyways, here is a quickie little clip. Same setup as usual. SM57 in front of a Sheffield 1200 going into iRig Pre HD and straight into my iPhone 6s.

Fri May 22, 2020 7:01 pm
Hall of Fame Member

sounds ripping

Fri May 22, 2020 8:57 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Wow, that sounds great!! :beavis:

What was the full signal chain on this?

Fri May 22, 2020 11:44 pm
Hall of Fame Member

overdrivenel34s wrote:
Wow, that sounds great!! :beavis:

What was the full signal chain on this?

Guitar with low output HB into amp and a Vox Delaylab and DOD Rubberneck delay in the loop. The Sheffield 1200 speakers are in a Emperor 4x12.

Sat May 23, 2020 12:57 am
Crystal Lettucer

I remember when you first got this. I've thought about this thing a few times over the past few years. Your clips of this thing always sound so cool.

CS Deja Vibe mkii > SupaTrem Jr. > Xotic Wah > OCD v2.0 > Fulldrive 2 mkii > TB Jailed Pitchblack > (Alter Ego x4)

Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Sounds like one of Henric's own vids, very nice!

Dick Butter Nuts wrote:
A lot of the chunky bitches are full of turds which makes for a tight snatch.

Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Dick Butter Nuts wrote:
Sounds like one of Henric's own vids, very nice!

Haha! Except he’s like 100X the player I am and his recordings sound awesome. For a lot of his clips he mixes a ribbon mic (Golden age I believe) and a Tascam recorder. I’m happy with the audio results of most of my clips especially since the setup is super simple , cheap and I do nothing to them. Thanks for the compliment though man.

Ostinato Rubato wrote:
I remember when you first got this. I've thought about this thing a few times over the past few years. Your clips of this thing always sound so cool.

Thanks man. A local buddy of mine had it for almost two years I believe. Glad to have it back for sure. Even if it sounded like crap, to me it’s still awesome eye candy. :lol:

Sun May 24, 2020 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]