Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Does anyone still have the Slate bundle subscription? 
Crystal Lettucer

Dude revamped the whole thing and included several new really killer plugins. He also opened up his whole Slate Academy tutorials with a lot of top producers like Chris Lorde-Alge. A bunch of new shit added, for the same subscription price.

Honestly this is dangerous stuff for me to have :lol:

Like a whole host of new shit, including a whole new amp modeling plugin, a POWERFUL multiband processor with damn near every type of production tool available within it, and most dangerously....

... a pretty fucking killer wavetable synthesizer. I finally launched that damn thing last night and went through some presets. Must resist the techno :lol:

Don't worry Frets, I spent most of the night on the Ray working on rock tunes. :D

CS Deja Vibe mkii > SupaTrem Jr. > Xotic Wah > OCD v2.0 > Fulldrive 2 mkii > TB Jailed Pitchblack > (Alter Ego x4)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:03 am
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, I have it. I already had the full version of the Overloud amp sim thing (which is killer BTW). All the new stuff he just added is pretty amazing though for the price...

Steve

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

I'm still on it. While it's an amazing amount of value for the price, the constant stream of updates is starting to feel like a burden. Like, every couple days we're getting another new twenty-three part course on some plugin that I either never knew we had or have already forgotten about. As much as I like some of it, you would literally have to dedicate at least a full time jobs worth of time to go through all the material he's putting out, and even then I doubt you'd be able to keep up.

So, while I can't complain about all the stuff, option paralysis mixed with a seemingly overwhelming amount of tutorials and classes is just coming off like a flood to me. And I've had enough of floods for one year.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Member

Was going to do the slate thing but I recently got the waves scheps Omni channel for $29 and I’m just going to stick with that for now, has everything I need but not enough to get paralyzed. It’s basically like the slate VMR or whatever it’s called

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 am
Crystal Lettucer

nightflameauto wrote:
I'm still on it. While it's an amazing amount of value for the price, the constant stream of updates is starting to feel like a burden. Like, every couple days we're getting another new twenty-three part course on some plugin that I either never knew we had or have already forgotten about. As much as I like some of it, you would literally have to dedicate at least a full time jobs worth of time to go through all the material he's putting out, and even then I doubt you'd be able to keep up.

So, while I can't complain about all the stuff, option paralysis mixed with a seemingly overwhelming amount of tutorials and classes is just coming off like a flood to me. And I've had enough of floods for one year.

I feel you. It is a bit of option overload, but I'm taking my time with the new shit. I haven't touched a single tutorial yet. But that multiband processor is probably going to find its way on a lot of my mixes. I haven't had a good multiband distortion and have wanted to Fabfilter Saturn for a while. Not sure which is better, but this Multipass (hilarious that's actually what they called it) doesn't suck.

CS Deja Vibe mkii > SupaTrem Jr. > Xotic Wah > OCD v2.0 > Fulldrive 2 mkii > TB Jailed Pitchblack > (Alter Ego x4)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:37 am
Chief Executive Owl

I thought about it but haven't done it yet. I purchased a lot of Waves plugins this year and honestly can't see myself needing anything else in that front. I am planning to redirect my studio investments towards outboard gear now.

But I am sure Slate has a bunch of cool stuff I just don't know I need it :lol: But maybe ignorance is bliss? :idk:

I am going to try to finish mixing this album with what I have at the moment. If I feel I am missing/lacking something, I will consider the subscription.

2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Player Strat HSS
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
TC G-System
Tech 21 FlyRig 5 V2

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

I tried it for a year but don't use it enough to justify renewing. I think I have a month or so left.
It had a lot of cool stuff...but I would rather own something than lease it.

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio - Faded Cherry
2016 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plaintop - Honeyburst
Gibson Original Collection Les Paul Standard - Goldtop
EBMM Valentine - Toluca Lake Blue

Bass:
EBMM StingRay5 Special H

Maps:
EVH 5153 50 Watt
Friedman Runt 50

Cabs:
EVH 4x12

1010101:
HX Stomp
HXFX

Band/Tunes:
https://www.facebook.com/TonightWeRise303/
https://tonightwerise.bandcamp.com/

Good Peeps: dooredge, _ej_, Mike LX-R

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:17 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Use it all the time. Love it.

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://dunkysndemos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:23 am
Crystal Lettucer

esizer wrote:
I tried it for a year but don't use it enough to justify renewing. I think I have a month or so left.
It had a lot of cool stuff...but I would rather own something than lease it.

I sometimes feel the same way. I would have probably dropped the subscription if he wasn't continuously updating it with new shit, and expending out the type of shit available like amp sims, reverbs, delays, and a wavetable synth, etc. Even though I'm not using everything to it's fullest capacity, just that fact that he keeps adding value to the package makes me feel better about staying subscribed.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]