Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Best home studio Vocal mic... 
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Michael Jackson sang the Thriller album with a SM7B. :thu:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Fri May 10, 2019 6:58 am
Crystal Lettucer

ajaxlepinski wrote:

I think it was actually an SM7 "A". Not the "new and improved" B version.

My Album For Sale!

Fri May 10, 2019 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
BroSlinger wrote:
ajaxlepinski wrote:

I think it was actually an SM7 "A". Not the "new and improved" B version.

I stand corrected, sir! :hi5:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 am
Hall of Fame Member

EndTime wrote:
The thing I’ve found with the sm7b is a lot of guys like that feeling of singing with the mic on their lips. Yes, I purposely made it sound gay, lol. But it’s true.

I just wanted to chime in and say I bought a SM7B over the weekend based off your recommendation. I used it on the latest drum jam and all I gotsta say is it felt good pressing my lips up against it :lol: Seriously though I love that mic. Was using an sm57 before that but when ever I sang at full volume it was too much for it combined with me not knowing shit = never really happy with it. Guess I need to get better at singing now. Mahalo! :thu:

Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I also went with the SM7B.

I I did about 4 hours of tracking (my voice is now fucked) and I think it came out great. I used my DIYRe 500 chassis preamp with the Cinemag colour module and it sounded great. Clean, clear but not harsh or brittle like my condensers.

PLX FX Reverb Page
Band
Undercliff Facebook
Undercliff Bandcamp

Tue May 21, 2019 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

FAKA! wrote:
EndTime wrote:
The thing I’ve found with the sm7b is a lot of guys like that feeling of singing with the mic on their lips. Yes, I purposely made it sound gay, lol. But it’s true.

I just wanted to chime in and say I bought a SM7B over the weekend based off your recommendation. I used it on the latest drum jam and all I gotsta say is it felt good pressing my lips up against it :lol: Seriously though I love that mic. Was using an sm57 before that but when ever I sang at full volume it was too much for it combined with me not knowing shit = never really happy with it. Guess I need to get better at singing now. Mahalo! :thu:

Hah nice. Yeah your drumjam clip sounded great man

Like vinyl? Wanna spend some money? Maybe buy this! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38142

Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 am
Hall of Fame Member

If you want a game changing mic for studio that is very reasonably priced......check out a new company called Weissklang.

They sell 2 different mics. They are handmade in Germany, and they are simply amazing.

I bought both versions...v17 and v13.......I am done buying mics.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2