Reply to topic  [ 1916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 77  Next
Gillette (the all things Shaving Thread) 
Author Message
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Oh my. You will be happy.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
BroSlinger wrote:
Oh my. You will be happy.


Right?! :hi5: I’m good for like the next 8 shaves, PLUS the Saturday drop PLUS Terror on July 1st. I’m such a fuckin fanboy lately I can’t stand it.


Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
SOTD:
Image

Nuavia Blu Sample

Beautiful scent. Easy loading. Quick, soft, small bubbles.
Shaved alright. Nothing great. Lather seemed to dissipate quickly for how nicely the lather started.

Saponificio Varesino Cubebe ASB sample

Got the try the SV Cubebe scent in the ASB. Kind of viscous. Sort of a light aquatic. Not as special as the 70th or the Felce.

Hmm, Probably not buying the $56 painted ramekin of the Blu. Also not buying any SV asb.

Razor and blade seemed finicky, but I think it was this soap. No nicks or irritation. just didn't glide, and didn't feel cushiony.

8/10

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
Good review, think I’ll skip those.

Gonna do Karve later, the Timeless .95 shows tomorrow and I’m gonna do that all next week to get a feel for it.


Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Steinmetzify wrote:
Good review, think I’ll skip those.

Gonna do Karve later, the Timeless .95 shows tomorrow and I’m gonna do that all next week to get a feel for it.


Yeah, unobtanium Euro shit is just that. shit.

Be cautious of ANY soap over $30.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 18005
Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
SOTD....
Broke out the Wilkinson Classic and loaded it with a Polsiver Super Iridium.
Soap Commander Passion - fantastic lather, nice scent but it needs to be stronger.
Old Salt.... haven't used it in a while. Last bottle but, I'm making a new batch this weekend.
First time I'm using the $3.00 Turkish Boar brush since obtaining the RazoRock Beehive Synth... boar ROCKS!!! :rawk:
Overall, only an 8.5/10... great but not perfect.
Image

_________________
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Winner Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee
Walt wrote:
But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.


Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
SOTD

Image

Really like the Whatsis.....Excelsior, lathers up super quick and stays. GREAT whimsical scent, too. Fuckin HOT today, Arctique is my go to for days like this. Was almost 80 degrees in the house when I got home, fuck a bunch of non menthol AS on days like this.

Timeless .95 showed up:

Image

Bit more blade gap on this humpy:

Image

Right off the bat, the SB is a little more grabby when buffing than the scalloped plate seems to be....I either need more water or better technique. I'll stick to this one for about a week or so and learn the angles. As it was, 2 pass BBS on par with the Karve. Dig it. I like the .68 but it takes longer.

9/10 just because I'm not familiar with the .95 yet.

Ajax, really think either one of these would suit you....the .95 IS faster though. Both shave similar to the SLOC, both more aggressive, the .68 kicks ass once you get it down and I'm sure the .95 will too.


Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Shaved twice today!!!
Second guessed sending my dart back. Bought another.
Image
Behold the what’sis! Custom edt.
Love this menthol soap.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
Nice man! Menthol soap in the summer rules so hard, so refreshing after a day outside and a shower.


Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
B&M purchase completed, FD code didn’t work.

Bought anyway lol


Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Steinmetzify wrote:
B&M purchase completed, FD code didn’t work.

Bought anyway lol


Why didn’t it work???????

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
BroSlinger wrote:
Steinmetzify wrote:
B&M purchase completed, FD code didn’t work.

Bought anyway lol


Why didn’t it work???????


Dunno, probably because it’s either new or a LE.

Put it in and it said the items in my cart were ineligible for that discount.

All I was grabbing was that set, probably work on other stuff.


Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
SOTD

Image

Felt wintry, Photoshop magic applied lol.....

Agree on Glissant base Gene, this was awesome. Love the scent, love this AS, I smell fuckin awesome.

Timeless .95, just killing it. Love this gap.


Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:59 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Dude! Awesome shave!! Glissant is awesome. Part of me wants to get Cheshire and Le grand chypre before they go excelsior.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
BroSlinger wrote:
Dude! Awesome shave!! Glissant is awesome. Part of me wants to get Cheshire and Le grand chypre before they go excelsior.


Excelsior is badass too, but this was weird for me.

Only had Classic/Excelsior base before this, assumed Glissant was weaker somehow.

This was huge thick lather almost immediately, actually worked better than Excelsior in the same amount of time.

Reminded me of Uncle Walter or Stupa, almost too much lather.

Gonna do Nocturne tomorrow, really not looking forward to that AS splash but it’ll prob settle down on my skin. I’m gonna smell like a campfire for at least an hour lol


Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:18 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Freakin badass sotd.

Image

Not sure why I have eschewed creams over the last couple of years. This worked awesome and smelled great. Straight forward and not finicky.

The dart is killer. Still have to pay attention though. I think the right blade and right angle are the trick.

The Phoenix sundown rules. Awesome bottle. Awesome scent awesome menthol.

This was a 10/10. Full on awesome.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
Nice man; I won some cream/AS/balm in a contest, thought about giving it a shot today.


Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
Steinmetzify wrote:
Nice man; I won some cream/AS/balm in a contest, thought about giving it a shot today.


Yeah dude. I used creams exclusively for YEARS. I probably 3017’ed over 10 tubes of proraso green and speick.

They always worked great.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
My wife is awesome! So lucky I didn’t buy these soaps yesterday. Whew!!!

Image

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 18005
Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Gene, your wife is a keeper!!! :thu:
What's that white, razor shaped thingy?



Poraso Green is an fantastic cream. Haven't had any in a few years - I thing it's time to order a tube!
With creams, you miss out on any fun that you would have, whipping up a soap lather... even when mixed with water, creams tend to stay in cream form, creating a yogurt-like film.
They're a bit boring! :lol:

I keep pushing Nancy Boy Peppermint shave cream because, after all the soaps and creams that I've tried, they are still my favorite.
I bought some as a goof, after reading The Shave Guy's review and I always keep a tub around.
They only make two shave cream and aftershave scents; peppermint and blossomwood - I guess it keeps inventory to a minimum and overhead costs low.
Their blossomwood is nice but, I really like that old-timey peppermint scent.
Peppermint balm on top of Adagio splash it amazing!

_________________
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Winner Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee
Walt wrote:
But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.


Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 18005
Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Steinmetzify wrote:
Ajax, really think either one of these would suit you....the .95 IS faster though. Both shave similar to the SLOC, both more aggressive, the .68 kicks ass once you get it down and I'm sure the .95 will too.



When you say the.95 is faster, do you mean that it's more aggressive than the .68?

_________________
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Winner Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee
Walt wrote:
But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.


Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
ajaxlepinski wrote:
Steinmetzify wrote:
Ajax, really think either one of these would suit you....the .95 IS faster though. Both shave similar to the SLOC, both more aggressive, the .68 kicks ass once you get it down and I'm sure the .95 will too.



When you say the.95 is faster, do you mean that it's more aggressive than the .68?


Exactly. .68 is a perfect 3 pass BBS, the .95 can do it in 2.


Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
SOTD

Image

Was lucky enough to win a contest a while back, stuff showed up this week and I'm glad it did. I'm mostly a soap guy and used to it, and this is shave cream....big difference. This is smoother, softer, and you use a LOT less. This is going to last me a looooooong time. Tiny little bit on the brush and I had enough for 5 passes!

This is Cap's take on Aventus, and as a fan and a guy that owns it, this is remarkably similar. Same forward notes, it's awesome.

Fine Platinum for that menthol hit, Karve, Gillette 7 O'Clock Black and a Razorock 24 barrel tuxedo for the rest of the tools. GREAT shave today.

10/10


Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12686
ajaxlepinski wrote:
Gene, your wife is a keeper!!! :thu:
What's that white, razor shaped thingy?



Poraso Green is an fantastic cream. Haven't had any in a few years - I thing it's time to order a tube!
With creams, you miss out on any fun that you would have, whipping up a soap lather... even when mixed with water, creams tend to stay in cream form, creating a yogurt-like film.
They're a bit boring! :lol:

I keep pushing Nancy Boy Peppermint shave cream because, after all the soaps and creams that I've tried, they are still my favorite.
I bought some as a goof, after reading The Shave Guy's review and I always keep a tub around.
They only make two shave cream and aftershave scents; peppermint and blossomwood - I guess it keeps inventory to a minimum and overhead costs low.
Their blossomwood is nice but, I really like that old-timey peppermint scent.
Peppermint balm on top of Adagio splash it amazing!


That white thing is a razor blade slot tile. It’s going to go on the wall when we remodel the bathroom. I can put infinite blades into the wall.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 9780
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
So this was cool.....amongst other things I'd needed and a book I've been after, the girls got me a little fatty handle for the .95

Image

Works great, looks good, balances pretty well. Digging it, puts it more on the level of maneuverability of the Karve.

Forever razors so far:

Image


Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 77  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group