Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
I’m out, F this job 
Crystal Lettucer

Had it with the FedEx deal.

Boss called me this afternoon, runs it by me that he wants to send me to MI for 3 weeks to train some guys. $3k per week, $100 a day per diem.

He’s only doing this because he knows I’m out end of the month, he’s trying to curry favor and keep me for the bestiality that this peak season is gonna be.

I don’t owe him shit. I’m gonna go to MI, do this for like 3-4 hours a day and get paid and then bounce.

FWIW, this is mostly a rant but also a PSA.

IF YOU ORDER ONLINE FOR THE HOLIDAYS, DO IT NOW. ITS GONNA BE A SHITSHOW AND YOU’LL NEVER GET YOUR STUFF.

Seriously, not one company is ready for what’s coming.

Busiest day last year was 37,000 stops and we were the only company not behind.

FedEx is predicting 80,000 stops daily, and we don’t have the manpower, and neither do they. No one is ready, not us, not UPS or USPS or DHL or Amazon.

If you order now you’ll be good, in a month you won’t see that shit until next year.

Friendly warning from your neighborhood FedEx scheduler.

You’re welcome.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 pm
Hall of Fame Member

The above info is true. We’re in trouble at UPS too. I’m still on my hour break. I’ll clock out at 10:30 pm. Excluding my unpaid hour break, that will be almost a 13 hour day for me. I’ve been working almost 60 hrs a week since Covid really hit in April. We can’t keep up now and I’m not looking forward to the peak season. I’m exhausted, but at least I’m going to make a lot of money.

Facebook-Absolute Vengeance
Absolute Vengeance-Reverbnation
Absolute Vengeance-Bandcamp

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Hall of Fame Member

So starting october, nothing is going to be on time mail-wise? Is this an international issue this year? I know in Canada we were having delays at the beginning of covid

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Thanks for the heads-up Stein & Jon... it is appreciated!!! :hi5:

Stein.... I know you'll land on your feet no matter what. There's not much worse than sticking it out at a job you hate. Good luck bro!!!

1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee ● 2019 Randall Diavlo ● 2020 VHT D50 Dumble Clone
Walt wrote:
But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Yuppers. I heard this from the Fedex dude that stops by work around the time I'm leaving. Last year around here both Fedex and UPS were warehousing shit for weeks at a time during the holiday rush. Buying up storage sheds in the area because their own warehouses were full. He's predicting about the same thing you guys are for this holiday season, and told me if I plan any big shipped purchases to do it within the next week or so if I expect it to arrive in a decent time-frame.

I had been planning some things for around my birthday, but I may have to bump up that timeline now.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:22 am
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

Take this jerb and shove it, Stein ain't workin' here no mo'!

lindahayden wrote:
I the mold is not removed soon it may destroy the amp. Let the sunlight reach the mold they will vanish then.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

for all of you sending me bass stuff for xmas , hurry the fuck up

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 am
Crystal Lettucer

If you're in a decent position to raise middle fingers and walk then do it. I envy you :lol:

CS Deja Vibe mkii > SupaTrem Jr. > Xotic Wah > OCD v2.0 > Fulldrive 2 mkii > TB Jailed Pitchblack > (Alter Ego x4)

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 am
Hall of Fame Member

Double birds out the door Steiny! Good luck in MI (at least the weather shouldn't be total shit, yet - right?) and good luck with whatever is next on your resume. Oh and thanks for the heads up on the impending shipmentshitfest, too!

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:53 am
Hall of Fame Member

btw... very rock and roll of you Stein.. you and that zztop beard lol

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:49 am
Crystal Lettucer

JonVengeance wrote:
The above info is true. We’re in trouble at UPS too. I’m still on my hour break. I’ll clock out at 10:30 pm. Excluding my unpaid hour break, that will be almost a 13 hour day for me. I’ve been working almost 60 hrs a week since Covid really hit in April. We can’t keep up now and I’m not looking forward to the peak season. I’m exhausted, but at least I’m going to make a lot of money.

Man Jon, I don’t envy you guys at all. I can’t even imagine what peak season is actually gonna look like but I’m picturing the worst clusterfuck the industry has ever seen. We’ve been going hard since Covid started, and it’s been like peak since March. Try and take care of yourself mang.

CrunchBerries wrote:
So starting october, nothing is going to be on time mail-wise? Is this an international issue this year? I know in Canada we were having delays at the beginning of covid

I dunno about international bro, just here. Can imagine tho, if you order anything from here or if you guys have supply lines coming from the US. Stuff is just gonna start stacking up.

Part of the reason I’m going to MI is because they have contractors that just gave up; if you guys don’t know this, FedEx Ground and Home Delivery are run by contractors, guys that contract with FedEx. Contractors buy trucks, have employees etc. FedEx supplies the hub where our trucks are, sorters to get packages into trucks and so on.

At the hub in MI those contractors couldn’t keep guys; it’s a shit job with long hours, pretty low pay and no benefits whatsoever. If they can’t keep guys, they can’t get stuff out so the contractors give up and file chapter 11, which means they leave it on other contractors or FedEx themselves.

Last year during peak we had a few new contractors at our hub, and they ended the year over two months behind, and that was with us giving them maybe 10 guys and a bunch of us coming in on our one day off to run routes for them.

Two months behind is a LOT of packages sitting in trailers not getting delivered. Keep in mind my previous post when I said our busiest day last peak season was 37,000 stops. We do that on a daily basis now and I’m sure Jon/UPS does at least that if not more. They’re predicting over double that and knowing FedEx, that’s a low estimate. I could see 90,000/100,000 daily coming thru there.

So yeah, starting maybe late Oct early Nov it’s gonna be all over...you won’t see shit you ordered until 2021.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:35 pm
Hall of Fame Member

itchyfingers wrote:
Double birds out the door Steiny! Good luck in MI (at least the weather shouldn't be total shit, yet - right?) and good luck with whatever is next on your resume. Oh and thanks for the heads up on the impending shipmentshitfest, too!

If you’re in the southern part of the state the weather is in the 60s-70s during the day and cooler at night. Not too bad at all right now.

TurboPablo wrote:
STOP FAT SHAMING LES PAUL'S. BE MORE INCLUSIVE.

I have a lot of guitars. Let's just put it that way.
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Avatar Vintage 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 2x12 Combo
Crate GX-130C
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:24 pm
Crystal Lettucer

greatmutah wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

If you’re in the southern part of the state the weather is in the 60s-70s during the day and cooler at night. Not too bad at all right now.

That is excellent news sir, I thank you. :thu:

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:40 am
Hall of Fame Member

I always figured you were a contract killer, or something similar.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 am
Crystal Lettucer

primeholy wrote:
I always figured you were a contract killer, or something similar.

Motherfuckers need a weekend job, you know? I can’t do it full time, the music sucks.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:40 am
Hall of Fame Member

I knew it!

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]