Reply to topic  [ 2704 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
Gillette (the all things Shaving Thread) 
Crystal Lettucer

Btw, I already sold 10 items on my Facebook sale. This is going to get interesting. I posted 26 lots or sets of stuff. Bonkers.

My Album For Sale!

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

BroSlinger wrote:
Btw, I already sold 10 items on my Facebook sale. This is going to get interesting. I posted 26 lots or sets of stuff. Bonkers.

Nice! Get rid of shit!

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:49 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Steinmetzify wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:

Nice! Get rid of shit!

92 items for sale. 10 sold.

My Album For Sale!

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Envy White knot into that Lowborn Supply handle:

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Where on FB are you selling stuff? I may have a go at it!

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:54 pm
Crystal Lettucer

ajaxlepinski wrote:
Where on FB are you selling stuff? I may have a go at it!

I think it’s called “wet shaving enablers. “

My Album For Sale!

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

dude, sale is turning into a disaster. tried to ship aftershave by the books and got fucked. I'm going to have to eat these and refund everyone I think. I'm so fucking pissed.

EDIT: to clarify. My wife worked for a co that sold cosmetics. I also did some research and found out about penalties if you lie about shipping liquid, especially alcohol, when they can prove you had knowledge of the guidelines. I decided to play it by the books and go to the post office, and say, yes I have something liquid.

The lady wouldn't budge, and I don't think she knew what the fuck aftershave was. I'm pretty fucking pissed. Luckily the buyers have been relatively understanding. One guy let me sub in a soap for an aftershave. Either way, it sucks. I'm thinking a lot of AS is going to salvation army for the guys in the rehab program.

My Album For Sale!

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

SOTD:

ok. I'm not sure i even like the Envoy anymore. :lol: right after Stein likes it. :lol: I just didn't find an intuitive angle today at all. Or my &OC yellow was shit on shave 2.

FWIW, it's not the first time I've had a questionable shave with TFS Divino. Kid of wondering if that was part of the problem. The lather doesn't pack residual usefulness. I had to actually put the brush back to the puck for the 2nd pass. I NEVER have to do that.

This new WOlf Whiskers brush is cool. New Maggards SHD bulb kind of stank, but that's to be expected.

I LOVE the Paco Invictus now.

8/10

My Album For Sale!

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
BroSlinger wrote:
dude, sale is turning into a disaster. tried to ship aftershave by the books and got fucked. I'm going to have to eat these and refund everyone I think. I'm so fucking pissed.

EDIT: to clarify. My wife worked for a co that sold cosmetics. I also did some research and found out about penalties if you lie about shipping liquid, especially alcohol, when they can prove you had knowledge of the guidelines. I decided to play it by the books and go to the post office, and say, yes I have something liquid.

The lady wouldn't budge, and I don't think she knew what the fuck aftershave was. I'm pretty fucking pissed. Luckily the buyers have been relatively understanding. One guy let me sub in a soap for an aftershave. Either way, it sucks. I'm thinking a lot of AS is going to salvation army for the guys in the rehab program.

How does Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, etc., ship their aftershave?
UPS Ground? The people at the local UPS Store never ask what I'm shipping.
I think I remember buying transmission fluid online from MiniMania - it says it has to ship UPS Ground.

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:47 pm
Crystal Lettucer

ajaxlepinski wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:

How does Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, etc., ship their aftershave?
UPS Ground? The people at the local UPS Store never ask what I'm shipping.
I think I remember buying transmission fluid online from MiniMania - it says it has to ship UPS Ground.

Big vendors have licenses to ship stuff. They do hazmat training annually to be certified.

That said, If IB ships from Canada, they have to use UPS.

Sometimes, they ship from New York though. In which case, they can ship USPS ground with proper licensing.

It sucks.

My Album For Sale!

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Well, I snagged a bottle of Terrorade, because of course I would. The only reason it took as long as it did was because I had a bit of a hard time finding it. Okay, I went to B&M’s website, and used Apple Pay to give them $12, but you get the point.

I am trying to keep my purchases to a minimum, so that I don’t run into the situation that poor Geno here is currently facing. I’m better on soap, though, since that damn wool fat soap isn’t going anywhere.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Andvari, you’re going to love terrorade. I’m not even a huge menthol fan, and a few drops in the hand of as splash is just refreshing enough. Pushes a good shave over the top.

My Album For Sale!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Ridiculously awesome sotd today.

Everything was just what the doctor ordered.
Open comb
Blue platinum
Awesome soap. Very medicinal. Not too cold. Awesome lather.
Barbedeaux. Smells like rocket fuel. Feels like velvet. Added a few drops of terrorade. Amazing.
Wolf whiskers brush is great.
11/10

My Album For Sale!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Anybody going March 4/4?!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:59 am
Crystal Lettucer

March 4/4 ???? If I knew what it is and where, maybe I'd go? :lol:

SOTD
I've been using mild razors for the last three weeks.
The Leresch is fairly agro but, not so agro that I should wind up with a dozen paper cuts that I didn't know were their until I doused them with Plague Doctor!
Bhujeebuz! I only went WTG and XTG... not evern ATG!!! :cop:
The g/f said Plague Dr wasn't that bad, with musk the predominant scent.
The Leresch is an old style open comb... the profile is curved, not coat-hanger shaped like the new.
Overall, 7.5/10

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:44 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Steinmetzify wrote:
Anybody going March 4/4?!

Hell no. I lasted 2 days last year. I’m trying to avoid stress. I don’t want my main hobby to be a source of pain and sadness. It’s bumming me out enough not being able to get rid of shit. Maybe the Salvation Army guys could use soaps and brushes.

My Album For Sale!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

Ajax, how is that annuendo treating you?

My Album For Sale!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

ajaxlepinski wrote:
March 4/4 ???? If I knew what it is and where, maybe I'd go![/img]

Bro it’s a whole month where you use same soap, brush, razor and same kind of blade.

It pretty much sucks and I just asked to get a rise out of Gene cause he hates it lol

Nice shave BTW!

P bounced for a shoot in Paris and Cairo, I’m on my own with the kid (who’s 20 but still) and work, I haven’t made it out to the PO for the Evolution. Ship it to Geno quick as I can; gonna drop a box in the mail to you for letting me try it same day. I’ll let you know when it goes out.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Crystal Lettucer

10/10 awesome

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Crystal Lettucer

BroSlinger wrote:
Ajax, how is that annuendo treating you?

It's good enough to keep in rotation! :hi5:
Great lather and while the scent is not one of my favs, it helps me to appreciate my other soaps. :lol:

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:50 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Steinmetzify wrote:
ajaxlepinski wrote:
March 4/4 ???? If I knew what it is and where, maybe I'd go![/img]

Bro it’s a whole month where you use same soap, brush, razor and same kind of blade.

It pretty much sucks and I just asked to get a rise out of Gene cause he hates it lol

Nice shave BTW!

P bounced for a shoot in Paris and Cairo, I’m on my own with the kid (who’s 20 but still) and work, I haven’t made it out to the PO for the Evolution. Ship it to Geno quick as I can; gonna drop a box in the mail to you for letting me try it same day. I’ll let you know when it goes out.

Gee, a whole month? Hmmmm, I dunno about that! :lol:
When I go on vacation, I use the same razor, blade brand and soap and when I get home, I look forward to a change.
I'm with Geno on this.... the variety is what makes this whole shaving thing fun. :cup:

Stein! That Rex is very photogenic!!!! :love:

No worries on the Evolution... send it on to Gene when you get around to it. :hi5:

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:53 pm
clipless

I think the shipping thing had to do with substances (alcohol?) that CAN'T ship air. Even if you shipped them ground they have to be labeled ORM-D so the shipper (UPS) won't take their option to put them on an airplane. They were probably just erring on the side of caution

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 pm
Crystal Lettucer

I used to work for a printing supply manufacturer. When we shipped flammables, we had to put multi-page forms on the outside, flammable labels on all sides and record each carton in a log.

The aftershave I get arrives without any special markings at all.
Either it's OK to ship a small bottle of diluted alcohol or, the shippers are breaking the law?

Maybe the USPS just doesn't want to bother dealing with the general public so, they just ban everything to keep things moving along.
I can imaging all the nonsense that would go on dealing with nuts who want to ship a bottle of Everclear to their cousin who's doing 10 years in San Quentin.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:16 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Killer fugly sotd.

Lots of good today.
1. Wife doesn’t hate apr carnivale. (From yesterday evening)
2. You CAN reload a super expensive twinjector blade.
3. Not allergic to pre de Provence today. Accidentally bought the same flavor I gave to one of you.
4. Figured out how to put b20 blades into a China schick loading magazine.

Shave went great today. Stoked. Woke up feeling good and loose. All my tension is gone if you know what I mean.

10/10 at least.

My Album For Sale!

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer

SOTD:

Wanted to do it again with the BB. Killer shit, really digging this knot/brush combo. Cosmo not my favorite scent but shit you can't beat SV for lather. Scent wears off quickly enough that I can do a cologne later and it won't clash.

10/10 for BBS sheet of glass face and comfortable shave

I will say I went at this way harder than I've been going with the Envoy, just because I know where the BB will take the shave.....for that reason I'm preferring the Rex this week. I don't have to worry about it, it's not gonna be that glass face shave no matter what I do so I kind of don't worry about it. I always feel like I have to shave the fuck out of my face using the BB, which can lead to some rawish feels. I need to learn to relax with this thing...

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2704 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next