Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
black friday/cyber monday purchases 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:22 am
Posts: 3659
Location: Manchestoh, UK
So then GGFers, what unnecessary shit did you buy this whoreish weekend?
I got me an Oculus Rift S. I haven't had time to try it out yet as I'm going to California tomorrow for a conference. I also need to borrow a better GPU from one of my friends until I get the chance to pick one up.

_________________
Loop wrote:
I’m currently shopping for a 1996 Red Dodge Viper with yellow wheels. Who gives a shit about taste?!


Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm
Posts: 9660
Location: sitting in the waiting room
none so far...


Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:59 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm
Posts: 16264
Location: Trumpets and 2x12s
EZ Drummer 2 for $40ish. I've messed with it a little bit and it is super easy with the song builder.

_________________
Trumpets and Tants


Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:06 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 26606
I ordered a Audio Technica USB turntable and a pair of RCA-XLR cables. Think that's going to be it for me this year.


Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 18411
Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Going to get Izotope RX7 Standard for $200 off.
I have some vinyl records I need to transfer to digital and I want to get rid of all the pops and crackles.

_________________
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Winner Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee
Walt wrote:
But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.


Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:27 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 pm
Posts: 1252
Zozobra wrote:
So then GGFers, what unnecessary shit did you buy this whoreish weekend?
I got me an Oculus Rift S. I haven't had time to try it out yet as I'm going to California tomorrow for a conference. I also need to borrow a better GPU from one of my friends until I get the chance to pick one up.


Would love to hear what you think about it. I've been eyeing the Valve Index but it didn't go on sale.


Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:25 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 am
Posts: 148
Location: Cranston, RI, USA
I picked up a couple of Overloud TH-U rig libraries (Satan & 6505). Haven't fired them up yet but looking forward to it.


Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:41 am
Profile
Crystal Lettucer

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12759
Location: Dick's Butter Dungeon
I'm having a sign made that I can hang on the outside of my garage.

It reads: Grandma's Fart Shack

_________________
Dick's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC20Ddh ... Npz_0wL9Jg

TurboPablo wrote:
Scribble strips are for kids.


Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm
Posts: 16264
Location: Trumpets and 2x12s
Just picked up my 12th SY300 for a great price :party:

_________________
Trumpets and Tants


Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:22 am
Posts: 3659
Location: Manchestoh, UK
Thurston wrote:
Zozobra wrote:
So then GGFers, what unnecessary shit did you buy this whoreish weekend?
I got me an Oculus Rift S. I haven't had time to try it out yet as I'm going to California tomorrow for a conference. I also need to borrow a better GPU from one of my friends until I get the chance to pick one up.


Would love to hear what you think about it. I've been eyeing the Valve Index but it didn't go on sale.


The index is supposed to be better if you have the cash to throw down and have a rig to run it. I'm mainly interested in playing elite dangerous with it so it's somewhat overkill. I got a great deal on the rift S so it'll do me just fine.

_________________
Loop wrote:
I’m currently shopping for a 1996 Red Dodge Viper with yellow wheels. Who gives a shit about taste?!


Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 12744
I went completely nuts this year and bought a few bags of vermiculite for the geckos and a carton of woozy bottles for the hot sauce I made.

Last of the big spenders right here. :thu:

_________________
Modest Mike wrote:
The solution is to lower your expectations :thu:


Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:45 pm
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 34643
Location: Sliding Hills, CA
Not really a blackfriday deal but probably better, was me picking up Itchy's DSL40C.

My wife got a new ipad.

These were our Christmas presents to ourselves.

_________________
EBMM Stingray Tobacco and Tort
Marshall 2555X Jubilee
Marshall 2536 2x12
CS Deja Vibe mkii > SupaTrem Jr. > Xotic Wah > OCD v2.0 > Fulldrive 2 mkii > TB Jailed Pitchblack > (Alter Ego x4)


Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 22870
Location: B-ass
Nice !

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl


Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:09 pm
Profile
Crystal Lettucer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Posts: 12947
I spent like $700 on shaving shit.

I wouldn’t mind spending $1200 on a dr z Jetta. I have 3 hours left.

_________________
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL

My Album For Sale!


Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm
Posts: 8600
Location: Sandy Eggo
I grabbed an OCD pedal. Third time's the charm? :lol:

_________________
JiveTurkey wrote:
I'M WEARING TAN PANTS AS WE SPEAK


Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:25 pm
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 35117
Location: Simpson, PA
Bought the Randall RD45 head. Didn't need it at all but I'm glad I did it anyway. Awesome amp.

_________________
Guitars:
2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional
2004 Gibson Les Paul Classic Ltd Edition 3 pickup
2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Strat
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Randall RD45H
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3




Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com


Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:19 am
Posts: 1848
I grabbed the Axe-FX III and FC-12 bundle. That, along with the recent FX-8 and custom pedal board, plus the BE-50 Deluxe and SG Junior I picked-up at Gear Fest, that wraps up my year. Now I need to carve out time to put all of that shit together, tweak it and play a little...

_________________
I Love the smell of nitrocellulose in the morning.
It smells like........Victory


Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:42 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 pm
Posts: 259
I got Guitar Pro since TuxGuitar was driving me insane.

_________________
VHT | Reeves

Good transactions


Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:44 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 am
Posts: 8824
Location: Trinidad, West Indies
no gear..... just got a pair of new cigar lighters.....


Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 am
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 35117
Location: Simpson, PA
IndyWS6 wrote:
I grabbed the Axe-FX III and FC-12 bundle. That, along with the recent FX-8 and custom pedal board, plus the BE-50 Deluxe and SG Junior I picked-up at Gear Fest, that wraps up my year. Now I need to carve out time to put all of that shit together, tweak it and play a little...


Yeah that's a haul!!! :shock:

_________________
Guitars:
2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional
2004 Gibson Les Paul Classic Ltd Edition 3 pickup
2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Strat
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Randall RD45H
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3




Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com


Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:19 am
Posts: 1848
GuitarBilly wrote:
IndyWS6 wrote:
I grabbed the Axe-FX III and FC-12 bundle. That, along with the recent FX-8 and custom pedal board, plus the BE-50 Deluxe and SG Junior I picked-up at Gear Fest, that wraps up my year. Now I need to carve out time to put all of that shit together, tweak it and play a little...


Yeah that's a haul!!! :shock:

It's more than I've bought in a long time.

Now I need to move some things I don't see myself using. I HATE trying to sell stuff, but I'm running out of storage space...

_________________
I Love the smell of nitrocellulose in the morning.
It smells like........Victory


Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:43 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 4138
Location: Chicago, IL
None for gear.
Picked up a new BJJ gi and some CBD though. :lol:

_________________
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II, Fender Jim Root Telecaster, Gibson Government Explorer, Yamaha FGX830C (acoustic)

Maps:
Egnater Armageddon, Helix LT, Yamaha THR5

Cabs:
Bogner OS 2x12, Randall MTS 2x12


Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 am
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 35117
Location: Simpson, PA
IndyWS6 wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
IndyWS6 wrote:
I grabbed the Axe-FX III and FC-12 bundle. That, along with the recent FX-8 and custom pedal board, plus the BE-50 Deluxe and SG Junior I picked-up at Gear Fest, that wraps up my year. Now I need to carve out time to put all of that shit together, tweak it and play a little...


Yeah that's a haul!!! :shock:

It's more than I've bought in a long time.

Now I need to move some things I don't see myself using. I HATE trying to sell stuff, but I'm running out of storage space...


Yeah same here. I have stuff that I need to sell but I hate doing it these days.

_________________
Guitars:
2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional
2004 Gibson Les Paul Classic Ltd Edition 3 pickup
2003 Gibson Les Paul Raw Power
1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio P90s
2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II
2005 Gibson SG Special
1997 Jackson Dinky MIJ
2013 Jackson SLX Soloist
Ibanez Artcore
Ibanez RG
Fender Strat
Tele Partscaster
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric

Amps:
Laney IRT Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 MLB
Marshal DSL40C
Randall RD45H
Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects:
Boss MS-3




Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about the forum: admin@guitargearforum.com


Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 885
Location: Calgary, AB
K-Bizzle wrote:
None for gear.
Picked up a new BJJ gi and some CBD though. :lol:


Dude, you should start a podcast! :lol:

I picked up a laptop for my business, a new vanity light for my bathroom and some LED bulbs for it, a pair of shoes and also some CBD topical cream haha


Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:10 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:40 am
Posts: 2837
I went a bit off the deep end and need to stop. I did just divorce and buy a new house so I needed tons of things, at least there is an excuse.

Xbox One X and some games and extra controller.

KM-7 mk-iii artist. Waited on SW forever, all of their new stock had defects. Couldn't wait and found a score on a used one with HSC. Should be shipping today.

JHS Haunting mids, Wampler Equator, Peterson Strobostomp, French Press Coffee Maker, Electric Kettle to go with said French Press.

New Couch and Love Seat, New bed. I could go on with tons of other things but mostly general household items.

Most expensive black friday/cyber week of my life but I am 90% done with everything I need.

Oh and I got some dope ass Pumas yo.


Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andvari7, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], rock flag and eagle and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group