Reply to topic  [ 3746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 150  Next
What shows do you watch? 
Hall of Fame Member

nightflameauto wrote:
Righteous Gemstones continues to deliver. This show is so relentlessly, stupidly funny it's become one of the highlights of the week for me. A couple weeks back the kid they had playing McBride's character when he was younger was spot on for the mannerisms and speech patterns, and the daughter's massive shit-fit this week was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

She was also pretty funny in Vice Principles, for those that haven't seen the other McBride/Goggins team up. That show could be funny, but I don't think it sustained it quite as well as the Gemstones have so far. :thu:

Yeah, Judy has become my favorite character. I am not familiar with the actress but she can hold her own against the heavy hitters on the show.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Yarbicus wrote:
nightflameauto wrote:
Righteous Gemstones continues to deliver. This show is so relentlessly, stupidly funny it's become one of the highlights of the week for me. A couple weeks back the kid they had playing McBride's character when he was younger was spot on for the mannerisms and speech patterns, and the daughter's massive shit-fit this week was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

She was also pretty funny in Vice Principles, for those that haven't seen the other McBride/Goggins team up. That show could be funny, but I don't think it sustained it quite as well as the Gemstones have so far. :thu:

Yeah, Judy has become my favorite character. I am not familiar with the actress but she can hold her own against the heavy hitters on the show.

I think Vice Principles is the only thing I've seen her in, but she was HYSTERICAL in it. And that's in scenes where McBridge and Goggins were going flat-out with the improved attacks on each other and she was just throwing down right in the middle of it. I hope we get to see a ton more of her over the years. I'd love to see her lead a movie and wipe the floor with the typical female fronted comedies.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 pm
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

Finished up Plebs over the weekend. Excellent show that went out (at least in Hulu land) fairly quietly.

Watched Two Sentence Horror Stories on NF. Quick, low budget horror series based on a simple premise each episode. Some overly PC/woke stuff aside; I really dug it. Not a masterpiece by any means but a fast enjoyable watch for the most part.

Watched the first 2 episodes of the Creepshow reboot. First episode was really good.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:13 am
Crystal Lettucer

Inside Bill's Brain (Netflix)

Excellent 3-part series that covers some of Bill Gates' past work, how he became who he is, and what he's doing with the billion$ that he made. Not what I was expecting. I love this guy.

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat, Fender 12 string acoustic (thanks Greg! :bow:)
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), Helix LT (Church rig), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh, SD1, Doom Bloom (thanks Ajax! :bow:)

DIY

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:02 am
Crystal Lettucer

G-SPACE wrote:

Excellent 3-part series that covers some of Bill Gates' past work, how he became who he is, and what he's doing with the billion$ that he made. Not what I was expecting. I love this guy.

Call me shallow, but once they started dumping the buckets of diarrhea; I was out :lol:

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am
Crystal Lettucer

JiveTurkey wrote:
G-SPACE wrote:

Call me shallow, but once they started dumping the buckets of diarrhea; I was out :lol:

Shallow

:hug: :love:

That guy could have bought his own country and said "fuck it" in the biggest possible way. It appears (at least from this) that he didn't. I love his approach - spend billions on creating solutions to big problems in highly innovative ways rather than try to fix the problem directly by building a company to do the whole thing. It's brilliant to work with companies and universities, challenging them to develop and build these things in a practical, cost-realistic way.

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat, Fender 12 string acoustic (thanks Greg! :bow:)
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), Helix LT (Church rig), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh, SD1, Doom Bloom (thanks Ajax! :bow:)

DIY

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:28 am
Crystal Lettucer

Bill Gates is awesome and what he is attempting to do is commendable beyond words. I just picked the wrong time to watch that scene :lol:

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:36 am
Crystal Lettucer

Peaky Blinders new season is up and going good. One episode left.

New season of Goliath is up as well. Will be starting in on that soon I think.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 am
Hall of Fame Member

powered through Goliath this weekend.... I dug it... not a fan of cliff hanger endings but... still was a solid season...

the new season of Big Mouth dropped on Friday, I'm a few episodes in and it's as good if not better than the previous seasons..

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 am
Hall of Fame Member

And south park has been banned in China for the last episode :lol:

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm
Crystal Lettucer

The latest season of Shameless to make it to Netflix is still fairly entertaining. The US version.

I still enjoyed the little bit of the UK version we watched, but my wife couldn't stand it. Seemed a bit more mean spirited, because, you know, the US one was so light hearted. :) But I think the Office is about as far as her UK humor tolerance can get. Well, she also liked the IT Crowd. Apparently that's getting remade in the US too. :idk:

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:28 pm
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

Finally watching Peaky Blinders. About to finish season 4. Not sure why I waited so long - really good.

Gear

DIY

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Peaky Blinder s5
I was unsure about it after the first episode but it is really taking off now. The more respectability Tommy gains the more the shit hits the fan. :lol:

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:11 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Looking forward to seeing how they wrap up the series... I remember reading somewhere they said they are only doing 2 more seasons...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:33 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Season 5 is great by the end but the ending was not pleasing for me. Seeing as how we'll wait for another 2 years for the next season :mad: :bang:

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Holy Schemp the Righteous Gemstones just gets better and better. This may be McBride's best performance ever, even though he's just being him. He's allowed himself to be surrounded by other brilliance this time, and it makes his performance really stand out.

"This isn't about YOU, Chad! It's about me, finally being willing to admit, that I'm not perfect!"

The delivery is on-point. Walton Goggins is still knocking it outta the park as well.

I feel really bad for Keith after this last episode. Devine's character just crushed his world. But it looks like the payoff is gonna be amazing next week. Good grief.

This may be the best comedy currently on television. Certainly beats the shit out of the typical network trash. Or should we say, shoots them right in the butthole. :lol:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:49 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Member

S3 of Big Mouth is off the chart. The Martin Short cameo had me rolling!

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Watching Love Death and Robots on Netflix, at fretless’s recommendation.

It’s pretty good.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:26 am
Crystal Lettucer

Started new season of Goliath. Good cast (though I keep mistaking Buea Bridge's character on here for his character on Bloodlines so there was some initial confusion) and decent setup. There is some trippy WTF that feels very out of place for me, however. Hopefully they either have that make some actual sense or they ditch those angles.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 am
Crystal Lettucer

Yarbicus wrote:
S3 of Big Mouth is off the chart. The Martin Short cameo had me rolling!

Yes. That whole season is just laugh a minute brutality. When the main and his best bud split the vitriol is pure, unadulterated hatred that only an adolescent would truly be capable of. Almost too on-point, but somehow still hilarious.

Gemstones rounded up amazingly. It's nice that they left some threads in a way where you can see potential future storylines, yet everything is wrapped up so you don't feel like you're really missing anything if it doesn't get renewed. Though if it doesn't HBO is massively mistaken. This is, bar none, the funniest comedy on television.

Highlights: Keith, as per every week, even though he was barely in it.

The sister telling the story about the professor she forced into a hand-job and then stalked him and kidnapped his kid was exactly the type of :freak: McBride level ad-libbed style shit-show you sign up to see, yet are squirming the entire time it's being said. Hilariously uncomfortable.

Devine going full satanic at the youth group was fantastic.

Goggins needs to have a spin-off, like yesterday. This character's got legs.

Need more Gemstones.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:21 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Member

nightflameauto wrote:
The sister telling the story about the professor she forced into a hand-job and then stalked him and kidnapped his kid was exactly the type of :freak: McBride level ad-libbed style shit-show you sign up to see, yet are squirming the entire time it's being said. Hilariously uncomfortable.

I played my wife this scene. This is the funniest improvised scene that I've seen since season 6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm when J.B. Smoove joined. I told my wife that if you don't find this funny, you shouldn't watch this show. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be watching it together.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Steinmetzify wrote:
Watching Love Death and Robots on Netflix, at fretless’s recommendation.

It’s pretty good.

yeah right .. actually went back for a couple replays , damn good stuff .

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:31 pm
Crystal Lettucer

So, Watchmen is kinda trash. And not even entertaining trash. I suppose the chances HBO could pick up a property like that and NOT biff so hard they choke on their own dick is pretty minimal, but I'm shocked at how far off-base they managed to get with only one episode. Zero believable/relatable characters. Zero plot to give a fuck about that we haven't seen done ten thousand times better a hundred times before. Rorschach turned into a racist rallying cry so even the one tie-in they have with the book is so flipped on its head it went full stupid. Oh, and squid rain just to try and poke the comic book nerd rage community.

And I've seen some nerd rage over it already. My reaction is more of a, "oh well. What'd I expect?" But the nice thing is with the subject matter they've chosen, there's every chance somebody, somewhere, will have a full-blown public meltdown over it. So we got that to look forward to.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

New seasons coming up:
* Jack Ryan - Nov 1
* Man in the High Castle (final season) - Nov 15

inbound binging is inbound

Gear

DIY

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:06 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Started Creeped Out on NF last night, watched 4-5 episodes.

Won all kinds of British awards for writing, but to me most of them seemed reminiscent of something like RL Stine’s Goosebumps or something. There was one episode that creeped me out ok, but the rest were pretty much meh.

P likes it and there are two seasons, prob keep going.

My taste in horror is much more severe than hers is lol

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 150  Next